Director, Business Strategy & Operations
500 million people around the world use Dropbox to work the way they want, on any device, wherever they go. With 150,000 businesses on Dropbox Business, we’re transforming everyday workflows and entire industries.
We create products that are easy to use and are built on trust. When people put their files in Dropbox, they can trust they’re secure and their data is their own. Our users’ privacy has always been our first priority, and it always will be.
We believe technology should get out of the way, so there’s no limit to what people can do. We’re a thoughtful, tightly-knit team that’s committed to realizing ambitious ideas. We’re making technology work for the world, and the best is still to come.
Dropbox is a fast growing, global business, with several products in the market -
- Dropbox Basic, the world’s leading file sync, storage and sharing tool. Over 500 million people have registered for Dropbox Basic, with over 70% from outside the U.S.
- Dropbox Pro, a single-license file sync, storage and sharing tool. Millions of people subscribe to Pro ($99 annually) globally. Over 70% use Pro in a work environment
- Dropbox Business ($150 annually), a multi-license file sync, storage and sharing tool. Over 150,000 teams use Dropbox Business to make work simpler, faster and easier. Dropbox Business gives IT administrators tools they require to ensure a secure work environment, while giving end users the tool they love to get work done efficiently
- Dropbox Enterprise, a multi-license file sync, storage and sharing tool. Dropbox Enterprise is used by innovative, large scale businesses such as News Corp, Expedia, Ecolab and Under Armour.
Our Business Strategy and Operations team sets and drives key business initiatives across the company. We complement and support product, engineering, sales, and marketing teams across four critical areas: corporate and business unit strategy, business planning and sales operations, and business systems and tools development.
The Business Strategy & Operations (BSO) team partners closely with Sales, Marketing, Comms, Partnerships and Product to set our strategy, drive key business initiatives, and change across the company. As the Director of BSO, you will report directly to the COO and lead a team of ~8 Project Leads/Associates. You will work closely with our Executive team to set corporate and business-unit strategy, develop cross-functional operational plans, identify critical success metrics for the business, and lay the groundwork for their implementation. We are a fast growing company and you will have the opportunity to roll-up your sleeves and help to company move from strategy to execution.
- Work closely with Dropbox’s executive leadership to define and develop key business insights, drive scalable growth strategies, and help support the execution of these plans.
- Structure and execute operational and strategic initiatives by gathering and synthesizing relevant data, leading analyses with the support of Analytics team and presenting final recommendations that will drive short- and long-term growth.
- Work with cross-functional teams to help guide initial implementation of strategic plans.
- Evaluate the performance of current business operations and recommend strategies and tactics to achieve business goals.
- Stay abreast of and share industry, competitor, and consumer behavior trends that can impact Dropbox
- Build strong peer-level relationships with Dropbox senior management
- Grow the Business Strategy & Operations team and provide coaching, thought partnership, and mentorship to BSO team members, define team culture and engagement models.
- Bachelor’s degree with strong academic performance; M.B.A. or other advanced technical degree preferred
- 8+ years experience in management consulting, private equity, or strategy & operations at a tech company; demonstrated top quartile performance in a consulting environment (or similar).
- Significant experience leading complex, cross-functional projects with multiple stakeholders; experience with a rapidly scaling business is a plus
- Strong relationship-building skills and experience working closely with senior executives - the ability to develop strong working relationships with other business functions quickly, to operationalize key strategic initiatives.
- Highly analytical, good at breaking down problems and delivering actions
- Humble attitude: willing to shift from high-level strategic thinking, to rolling up your sleeves and supporting implementation
- Comfortable with ambiguity and a rapidly evolving business landscape
Back to top