Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world's creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
Our Research & Design team crafts delightful experiences that make people's lives easier. We're a close-knit, collaborative group, guided by a highly iterative user-centered design process. Combining research, data, and thoughtful critique, we're discovering needs and solving fundamental problems that impact work and life for millions of people around the world.
About Our Team
We believe the most actionable kind of understanding isn't externalized in reports; it's about people-our conversations, connections, and contexts. We work in partnership with design, product, and engineering and are committed to these relationships as the foundational prerequisite for knowledge creation. One of the most amazing things about Dropbox is how much people value our work and the impact it can have on our products. You won't have to sell anyone here on the value of research.
The research we're doing aspires to make meaningful improvements in the lives of the individuals, teams, and companies who use our product every day to do their most important work. We employ a variety of methods to collect rich data that enable product and design teams to make products our customers love.
Your Role And Impact
You are curious about how people work together and want to empower teams to create, share, and collaborate better together. You believe that research has the greatest impact when tightly coupled with design decisions. You thrive on interdisciplinary design teams and can ask helpful questions and design thoughtful research at all stages of the product lifecycle. You can see the uncertainties that slow teams down and help surface questions people didn't even know they had.
Our Senior Researchers
- Adapt research process and practices to the growing needs of the organization
- Identify research needs in partnership with product teams
- Design, plan, and resource user research projects
- Communicate research insights in creative and effective ways among stakeholders
- Advocate and guide strategy for design and product direction
- Facilitate and shape the design process
- Mentor and advise researchers
- 5+ years of UX-related work experience
- Broad experience with a wide variety of research methods applied across the product development process
- Strength in a particular research specialty: design strategy, generative and exploratory research, surveys, statistical modeling, analytics/visualization, etc.
- Demonstrated skills for collaborating closely with other researchers, designers, product managers and engineers
- Clear, compelling presentation and communication style
Meet Some of Dropbox's Employees
Billing & Payments Platform
This team is responsible for building, scaling, and enhancing the infrastructure that drives Dropbox’s business. Global payment processing, building APIs for partners, and ensuring that Dropbox’s financial systems run smoothly are some of the team's main goals.
Back to top