Dropbox is the world's first smart workspace that helps people and teams focus on the work that matters. With more than 600 million registered users across 180 countries, we're on a mission to design a more enlightened way of working. Dropbox is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, and has 12 offices around the world.
Our Research & Design team crafts delightful experiences that make people's lives easier. We're a close-knit, collaborative group, guided by a highly iterative user-centered design process. Combining research, data, and thoughtful critique, we're discovering needs and solving fundamental problems that impact work and life for millions of people around the world.
About Our Team
We believe the most actionable kind of understanding isn't externalized in reports; it's about people-our conversations, connections, and contexts. We work in partnership with design, product, and engineering and are committed to these relationships as the foundational prerequisite for knowledge creation. One of the most amazing things about Dropbox is how much people value our work and the impact it can have on our products. You won't have to sell anyone here on the value of research.
The research we're doing aspires to make meaningful improvements in the lives of the individuals, teams, and companies who use our product every single day to do their most important work. We employ a variety of methods to collect rich data that enable product and design teams to make products our customers love.
Your Role And Impact
You are curious about how people work together and want to empower teams to build, share, and collaborate better together. You believe that research has the greatest impact when tightly coupled with design decisions. You thrive on interdisciplinary design teams and can ask helpful questions and design thoughtful research at all stages of the product lifecycle. You can see the uncertainties that slow teams down and help surface questions people didn't even know they had.
Our Senior Researchers
- Adapt research process and practices to the growing needs of the organization
- Identify research needs in partnership with product teams
- Design, plan, and resource user research projects
- Communicate research insights in creative and effective ways among partners
- Advocate and guide strategy for design and product direction
- Facilitate and craft the design process
- Mentor and advise researchers
- You have 5+ years of UX-related work experience
- Broad experience with a wide variety of research methods applied across the product development process
- Strength in a particular research specialty: design strategy, generative and exploratory research, surveys, statistical modeling, analytics/visualization, etc.
- Demonstrated skills for collaborating closely with other researchers, designers, product managers and engineers
- Clear, compelling presentation and communication style
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Market competitive total compensation package
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401K + company match
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Back to top