Design Research Manager
Dropbox is the world's first smart workspace that helps people and teams focus on the work that matters. With more than 600 million registered users across 180 countries, we're on a mission to design a more enlightened way of working. Dropbox is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, and has 12 offices around the world.
Our Research & Design team crafts delightful experiences that make people's lives easier. We're a close-knit, collaborative group, guided by a highly iterative user-centered design process. Combining research, data, and thoughtful critique, we're discovering needs and solving fundamental problems that impact work and life for millions of people around the world.
The Dropbox Design team is looking for a Design Research Manager to lead user experience research teams in creating products that are simple, opinionated, and well-crafted. As a research manager you will lead research for one of Dropbox's core product areas, and coordinating with leadership across other teams. You'll join our talented team and help shape not just our products, but our people and the way we design and build. On a typical day, you'll give feedback in design critiques, coach your team through challenges, make strategic decisions with your peers in Product and Engineering, and interview candidates to join our team.
- Shape and communicate a compelling long-term design strategy and vision
- Lead the product development process for your team-from problem definition to design implementation
- Partner with product, engineering, and research to ensure projects are well-defined, high impact, and successfully executed
- Guide products towards solutions that are unquestionably simple, intuitive, and "just work" for our users
- Work closely with design leadership to ensure a cohesive user experience across all products
- Manage and coach researchers
- Grow the design research team by attracting and hiring new talent
- At least 3 years of professional experience leading or managing a research team and 8 years within the design community
- A portfolio of relevant research work, executed either by yourself or a team that you led, that conveys an ability to ship successful products that people love
- A user-centered approach to designing software for people
- Experience working with engineers and product managers to drive strategy, vision, and execution
- Experience attracting and hiring research talent
- Comfortable juggling a wide range of responsibilities at the same time
- A collaborative, low-ego approach to working with others
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Market competitive total compensation package
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401K + company match
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Meet Some of Dropbox's Employees
Constance D.Software Engineer
Constance builds Dropbox’s channel platform for reseller partners, which enables Dropbox to expand to users and businesses in new regions. She has also contributed to several monetization platform launches, including chargeback automation and Dropbox Education.
Back to top