Dropbox simplifies the way people work together. Hundreds of millions of people around the world use Dropbox to work the way they want, on any device, wherever they go. As we scale our global brand, there’s plenty of space for you to grow alongside us and simplify life for millions of people globally.
Your role and impact
Our Tech Operations team crafts the layer from which all Dropbox experiences are built. As our user base and product family continues to grow, tech operations is responsible for strengthening our foundation.
With the Datacenter Engineering team, you will be responsible for designing, building and optimizing the physical datacenters that Dropbox’s core infrastructure resides in. The Datacenter Engineering team lives inside of a tactical physical infrastructure organization with interleaving dependencies. As a result, the Datacenter Engineering team is a highly-interdisciplinary group informed by core building science, but heavily influenced by a thorough understanding interconnectivity, hardware, and operations at Dropbox.
- Work with Capacity and Forecasting teams on physical resource consumption
- Perform engineering calculations, basis of design and drawing packages for new datacenter projects
- Scope, bid, and contract the implementation of new facilities
- Manage, QA/QC, and run project controls for ongoing projects
- Conceive, model and implement facility optimization projects within the serving environments
- Evaluate and test emerging technologies in datacenter building, controls and monitoring
- A BS or BSE degree in a relevant engineering field
- 3–5 years of experience in datacenter design, construction, and optimization
- Thorough theoretical and practical education of applied mechanical, electrical, and structured cabling systems in datacenters
- AutoCAD / Revit drawing production required and 3D Modeling experience preferred
- Understanding of server architecture highlighted with power delivery and heat rejection systems
- Preferences towards CFD and power systems modeling
- Basic exposure to datacenter economics, accounting and cost modeling
- Experience with Linux systems and programming, CLI, and shells is a plus
- Implementation knowledge of facility and server telemetry systems, sensoring, protocols, and data collection (ie: polling, aggregation, display, alarm, archive) is a plus
Benefits and Perks
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure people feel supported and connected at work. Groups like Women at Dropbox, [email protected], Black Dropboxers, and Pridebox (for LGBTQ employees and allies) are a big part of that effort.
Back to top