Data Integrations Engineer/Architect
Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world's creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
IT&S delivers technology strategy and solutions to our Dropbox business partners so they can work confidently, move fast and scale effortlessly for future growth. We are the accelerator to the Dropbox business engine. We think of our team as a future-focused city planner for the Dropbox neighborhoods. We'll help you source and implement the right technology solution, then fit it into exactly the right place so that everything flawlessly flows, integrates and performs.
Our Information Technology and Services (ITS) team enables people at Dropbox to do their best work. We're a motivated, creative and solutions-oriented team, and we thrive on helping our fellow Dropboxers. We're dedicated to building scalable technology solutions that have broad impact for growing our teams around the world.
As a Data Integrations Engineer at Dropbox you will fill a lead position with the data integration program. We are looking for you to synchronize data between operational cloud systems such as Salesforce and Workday, as well as provide transformed data extracts for analytical reporting. This position requires a combination of technical and business analysis. From requirements gathering to development through operations, the position is broad yet requires an individual with hands-on experience in data-centric technologies outlined below.
- Use and lead Dropbox's Dell Boomi integration platform as a service (iPaas)
- Integrate, map and translate data among SaaS and on-premise systems for both operational and analytical purposes
- Design, build and test integration processes based on business requirements
- Transition personal knowledge of the various technologies to other team members so that day-to-day support can be expanded and improved
- Build scalable data architectures that are robust and highly available
- Work with the enterprise architecture team to ensure data architectures are aligned to enterprise-scope initiatives, designs, and principles
- Work with internal and external partners to resolve issues
- Deep expertise with crafting, implementing, and administering large volume Dell Boomi Integrations, Atoms and Molecules.
- Demonstrable SaaS integration experience with enterprise business applications such as Workday, Salesforce, Marketo, or Oracle Fusion.
- Familiarity with various data formats such as JSON, XML (including XPath and XSLT), and flat files.
- Deep understanding of web services, specifically around consuming data from RESTful and SOAP-based HTTPS endpoints.
- Familiarity with SQL and relational databases such as MySQL or Amazon Redshift.
- Familiarity with Hadoop and its constituent components such as Hive, HDFS, etc.
- Understanding of Agile methodologies and processes.
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks(technology and other relevant professional topics)
Meet Some of Dropbox's Employees
Will operates as the tech lead for a soon-to-be-released initiative and other special Dropbox projects. He also pushes for modern best practices for client application development on Mac and iOS.
Back to top