Data Engineer Tech Lead
Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world's creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
Our Engineering team is working to simplify the way people work together. They're building a family of products that handle over a billion files a day for people around the world. With our broad mission and massive scale, there are countless opportunities to make an impact.
As a Data Engineer Tech Lead, you will build very large, scalable platforms using cutting edge data technologies. This is not a "maintain existing platform" or "make minor tweaks to current code base" kind of role. We are effectively building from the ground up and plan to leverage the most recent Big Data technologies. If you enjoy building new things without being constrained by technical debt, this is the job for you!
This position is open in the following offices: San Francisco, CA; Mountain View, CA
- You will lead our data engineering teams
- You will define company data assets (data model), spark, sparkSQL and hiveSQL jobs to populate data models
- You will define/design data integrations, data quality frameworks and design/evaluate open source/vendor tools for data lineage
- You will work closely with Dropbox business units and engineering teams to develop strategy for long term Data Platform architecture
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- 5+ years of Python or Java development experience
- 8+ years of SQL experience (No-SQL experience is a plus)
- 8+ years of experience with schema design and dimensional data modeling
- Ability in managing and communicating data warehouse plans to internal clients.
- Experience designing, building and maintaining data processing systems
- Experience working with either a Map Reduce or a MPP system on any size/scale
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Meet Some of Dropbox's Employees
Will K.Staff Engineer
Will operates as the tech lead for a soon-to-be-released initiative and other special Dropbox projects. He also pushes for modern best practices for client application development on Mac and iOS.
Back to top