CX - Product Expert Account Operations
Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world's creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
Our mission in Dropbox is to simplify the way people work together. With a user base of over 500 million, the Customer Experience team simplifies how our users and customers interact with Dropbox. We focus on understanding the customer journey as well as where we can simplify interactions and improve the Customer Experience.
As part of the Customer Experience (CX) organization, the Product Expert (PX) team is responsible for developing and utilizing their product knowledge and expertise to deliver an extraordinary support experience for all our customers. Our primary goal is acting as a technical consultancy for the customer and the CX organization.
We achieve this by collaborating closely with our Engineering, Product and Design teams to advocate on behalf our customers. We ensure the successful launch of all products, features, and changes across multiple customer segments, locales, and populations, including tracking relevant feedback and modifying existing support patterns and workflows to accommodate new dependencies and support requirements.
The Account Operations sub-team owns both the lifecycle of Dropbox accounts from creation to deletion and the administrative experience on Dropbox Business teams.
This role will involve working with Product Managers, Product Leaders and Senior Leadership to ensure that we advocate for the needs of our customers. You will be required to plan and execute on complex cross-functional projects as well as to influence and negotiate with senior stakeholders to ensure successful launches.
For our customers, you will represent them to the business to ensure account management continues to evolve to best in class. For the business, you are the expert in where customers identify problems or experience confusion with this part of the product. You are the expert at customer impact for any changes
- You will act as a product function owner within Customer Experience, you will drive operational excellence by improving support processes and removing issues at source for all aspects of customer account management
- Partner with cross-functional and global teams across Product, Design and Engineering to ensure customer centric solutions are included in our product roadmaps
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams to ship new, impactful Dropbox Business features, including setting support tooling requirements, coordinating support readiness, and tracking progress of in-flight projects
- Build trusted cross functional relationships across Product, Engineering and CX in order to manage complex projects across multiple teams
- You are responsible for influencing Product Managers and Leaders to ensure we have our customers at the centre of our decisions.
- Explore data to find actionable insights and make user-centric product recommendations
- Analyse, uncover and automate new innovative ways to gather product feedback from all of our support channels
- Develop and iterate on processes that craft improvements to the quality of support for the product
- You will handle product inquiries and ticket escalations
- Partner with the Self-Support and Content team to refine our one-to-many support strategy
- File bugs as needed and work with the Product teams to gather information about outages/emergencies
- 5+ years of experience working with and influencing product & engineering teams to meet customer and business needs
- Demonstrable ability to advocate effectively for customer's experience
- You excel at communicating complex topics to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Proven experience of influencing and negotiating with senior stakeholders
- You are customer driven: You are deeply passionate about the customer experience and making life simpler through technology
- You are a critical thinker: You are thoughtful, self-aware, and use available evidence to make decisions
- Self-starter: You drive projects with minimal mentorship and focus on high impact work
- Technical knowledge of various enterprise management tools (Active Directory, SSO, EMM, etc)
- Demonstrable understanding of workflow and troubleshooting
- You are able to use product specific tools to diagnose issues and differentiate between a bug, a feature request, and a user misunderstanding
- You have research skills and are happy to and comfortable reading some basic code from time to time, you have a natural curiosity
- You have experience with SQL and basic data analysis to determine user trends
- You work effectively and win credibility quickly with teammates and global stakeholders
Meet Some of Dropbox's Employees
Billing & Payments Platform
This team is responsible for building, scaling, and enhancing the infrastructure that drives Dropbox’s business. Global payment processing, building APIs for partners, and ensuring that Dropbox’s financial systems run smoothly are some of the team's main goals.
Back to top