CX - Customer Education Instructional Designer
Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world's creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
Our mission in Dropbox is to simplify the way people work together. With a user base of over 500 million, the Customer Experience team simplifies how our users and customers interact with Dropbox. We focus on understanding the customer journey as well as where we can simplify interactions and improve the Customer Experience.
Reporting to the CX Customer Education Service Design Manager, this role is responsible for building informative and engaging online learning throughout the customer experience.
In this role, you'll partner with our awesome content strategists to produce industry leading agile learning experiences, utilize and modify existing content for online delivery, and play a role in how our customer eduction program evolves.
The ideal candidate for this position is customer focused, tech-savvy, and design-minded. They have a deep passion for customer education and an understanding of adult learning principles and theories. With that being said, they are also not afraid to think outside the box and disrupt the learning landscape.
- Drive the customer experience through the development of innovative training curricula and journeys
- Create and storyboard innovative learning experiences and paths that ensure our users understand how to get the most out of Dropbox and our products
- Ensure all learning content and experiences are aligned with company and departmental brand guidelines
- Prototype and experiment with different delivery methods and content types then refine based upon customer feedback and performance metrics
- Run multiple workstreams and deliverables
- Work with the localization team to ensure that each curriculum is designed from a global perspective
- Work with partners to conduct regular needs and skills analyses to identify and incorporate new trainable skills
- Utilizing data, work with teams across the company, including Product Experts, Marketing, Growth, and Customer Success to define and inform the direction of curricula and deliverables
- 3-5+ years of online education development experience; strong preference for customer facing experience
- Proven success working within collaborative, cross-functional environments to determine appropriate curricula that achieves learning objectives
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Ability to convert different types of content into organized and consistently designed training deliverables
- Knowledge of online learning compliance standards, localization, and SCORM & xAPI standards
- Experience with LMS, LRS, and other learning systems and technologies
- Stays abreast of current customer-facing learning trends, tools, and technology
- BA/S or equivalent in related field - English, Communications, ID, etc.
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks(technology and other relevant professional topics)
Back to top