CX - Business Analyst
Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world's creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
Our mission in Dropbox is to simplify the way people work together. With a user base of over 500 million, the Customer Experience team simplifies how our users and customers interact with Dropbox. We focus on understanding the customer journey as well as where we can simplify interactions and improve the Customer Experience.
As a Business Analyst, you will be a part of the Customer Analytics team which is tasked with encouraging and enabling customer centric decisions. You will play a crucial role in areas such as planning, forecasting, measuring the success of strategic initiatives, driving analytical insights, and evaluating resource investments. Your work will help ensure Dropbox makes sound strategic decisions that drive sustainable business growth, within the context of CX.
You'll get substantial senior leadership exposure, focusing real-time on the highest priority business issues, and being plugged into every facet of our business. This role isn't just about performing analytics - it's also about communicating insights to the business, and shaping the data you require for the future.
By defining, developing, analyzing, interpreting, and leveraging customer metrics, this role supports and advances the company's customer-centric vision to improve CX from beginning to end.
- Preparation, review and presentation of forecasts for monthly, quarterly and yearly customer related metrics
- You will lead the preparation of presentation materials and strategic plans on behalf of Customer Analytics
- Provide regular executive-level reporting to track progress against strategic initiatives
- You will perform ad hoc data analysis to answer critical business questions at both a strategic and operational level
- Translate complex concepts into implications for the business via excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Partner with cross-functional and global teams across CX, Marketing, Product, Business Operations, Sales, and Finance
- Conduct advanced analytics, delivering impactful and actionable insights that drive decision making
- Develop new processes and tools to drive scalable analysis and insights
- Embrace system enhancements and take the lead in implementing change
- Empower and guide others to work effectively and efficiently with data
- Help create a data-informed culture at Dropbox
- 5+ years experience in analytics, financial planning & analysis, accounting, investment banking, consulting, and/or corporate finance
- Fluency in SQL, as well as a deep understanding of statistical analysis, experiment design, and common pitfalls of data analysis
- Excel mastery and previous experience in building strong models required
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Happy to shift from strategic thinking to rolling up your sleeves and supporting implementation
- You are a self-starter: You drive projects with minimal guidance and focus on high impact work
- Strong communicator: You effectively synthesize, visualize, and communicate your ideas to others
- You are a critical thinker: You are thoughtful, self-aware, and use available evidence to make decisions
- You work effectively with teammates and win credibility quickly
- Deeply passionate about customer experience and making life simpler with technology
- Degree in Engineering, Math, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, or other quantitative fields or relevant experience
Meet Some of Dropbox's Employees
Billing & Payments Platform
This team is responsible for building, scaling, and enhancing the infrastructure that drives Dropbox’s business. Global payment processing, building APIs for partners, and ensuring that Dropbox’s financial systems run smoothly are some of the team's main goals.
Back to top