Customer Success Manager (junior role)
Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world's creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
Our Sales & Channel team shares Dropbox Business with enterprises around the world and helps them understand the power Dropbox offers to teams at scale. We're a collaborative and empathetic sales team, focused on understanding what businesses need to work better together.
Dropbox's Customer Success Managers bring our customers a unique mix of technical and business insight to help accelerate deployment and adoption of Dropbox. You will have an opportunity to drive quantifiable impact on our business by helping our customers transform how they work, and as a result, increasing Dropbox's renewal and upsell rates. As a Customer Success Manager, you be responsible for customer retention, manage renewals and support upsells for teams within companies that have >250 employees.
As a Customer Success Manager, you will be a powerful advocate that solves problems and finds opportunities on behalf of the customer and Dropbox. The role is focused on driving active usage and business transformation with many accounts. The incumbent will have a demonstrable technical aptitude and a customer oriented approach. Ideally the CSM will possess ability to influence IT admins, end users and decision makers. They are tenacious, have a data driven approach to identify potential issues/risks and solve them before they arise. As a key driver for Dropbox's rapid growth in the Enterprise market the role will
- Drive license adoption and active usage within assigned mid market accounts
- Ensure renewal for key accounts by driving deployment and adoption
- Leverage data & analytics to target accounts for intervention and engagement
- Generate opportunities for upsell and reference within key accounts
- Be a trusted and knowledgeable advisor for customers' IT and business leadership
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships
- Coordinate, facilitate and operate across internal teams at Dropbox and external partners as the deployment & adoption lead for an account
- Ensure timely and successful delivery of solutions according to customer needs and objectives
- Communicate the progress of an account plan internally and externally
- Forecast and track key deployment and adoption metrics
- Analyze and evaluate customer challenges, leveraging internal technical expertise in identifying optimal solutions for those customers with complex issues.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of Dropbox licensing model and related customer entitlements
- Partner with Account Executives and other Dropbox resources to deliver high-value customers' renewal/upsell strategy and respond to questions or needs
- Track and manage all activity in Dropbox CRM systems
- Work cross-functionally to develop required analytics tools, commercial approval paths, and process to support win-backs and renewal saves at scale
- Identify and document common reasons for churn and partner with Dropbox User Support and Product / Engineering to ship solutions
- 3-5 years of enterprise software or SaaS Customer Success/account management or similar experience with a demonstrated track record of success
- Customer Oriented Problem Solver.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, validated through written, verbal and presentation delivery to audiences ranging from end users, help-desk professionals to Senior executives.
- Self starter with prior experience with complex scenarios, cross-functional partnership execution across sales, legal, and finance
- A strong desire to learn and define an emerging function in a rapidly growing and dynamic startup environment
- Familiarity with sales cycles in ambitious markets
- Passionate about customer success and making life simpler with technology
- Avid Dropbox user and a vocal technology evangelist
- Project Management experience desirable
- Strong technical acumen (past experience scripting, DB Queries ) desirable
- Clear and thoughtful communicator with exceptional critical thinking skills
- Ability to sort through large volumes of data and drive to insight and action
- Ability to contribute to building new processes and systems
- Prior experience with CRM systems
- Effectively collaborate and build rapport with Account Executives, Sales Leadership, Finance and key renewal stakeholders
- Some travel will be required
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks(technology and other relevant professional topics)
Meet Some of Dropbox's Employees
Billing & Payments Platform
This team is responsible for building, scaling, and enhancing the infrastructure that drives Dropbox’s business. Global payment processing, building APIs for partners, and ensuring that Dropbox’s financial systems run smoothly are some of the team's main goals.
Back to top