Customer Insights Data Analyst - Post Sale Support
Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world's creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
Our Business Strategy & Operations team sets and drives key business initiatives across the company. We complement and support product, engineering, sales, and marketing teams across three critical areas: corporate and business unit strategy, business planning and sales operations, and business systems and tools development.
The Insights team is the analytics engine behind our global sales organization. We are leveraging the power of big data to help our customers accelerate how they transform their business. As a collaborative and entrepreneurial team, we focus on finding breakthrough insights and building transformative internal products and tools, within a creative and fun environment.
We're looking for a Data Analyst to partner with our sales and customer success teams to answer key questions about how our customers are using Dropbox, and the value they're getting out of our product. We solve challenging problems and boost business growth through a deep understanding of user behaviors with applied analytics techniques and business insights. An ideal candidate should have robust knowledge of the enterprise sales cycle.
- Programmatically access, clean, analyze, and visualize large data sets (> 1M rows). Perform analytical deep-dives to craft a unique story
- Write complex SQL queries and optimize them for faster runtime performance
- Extract actionable insights from large, multi-dimensional customer behavior data sets. Effectively convey the "so what" and implications of complex concepts to customers
- Develop plug-and-play processes to automate and scale common data requests
- Identify key metrics and build executive-facing reports to track Dropbox deployment
- Work with cross-functional teams (including Value Management, Customer Success, Sales, and Data Science) to rapidly execute and iterate
- Understand what matters most and prioritize ruthlessly
- Bachelors' or above in CS, Engineering, Physics, Math, Statistics, Business, Economics or related field
- 2-5 years of experience using analytics to drive key business decisions; examples include business/product/marketing analytics, business intelligence, strategy consulting
- Extensive experience with SQL and large datasets. Additional experience with either python plus numpy or panda, or R
- Deep understanding of statistical analysis, common quant techniques like regression etc, experiment design
- Proven track record of being able to work independently and proactively engage with business stakeholders with minimal direction
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks(technology and other relevant professional topics)
Meet Some of Dropbox's Employees
Billing & Payments Platform
This team is responsible for building, scaling, and enhancing the infrastructure that drives Dropbox’s business. Global payment processing, building APIs for partners, and ensuring that Dropbox’s financial systems run smoothly are some of the team's main goals.
Back to top