Corporate Operations Engineer
Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world's creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
Our Information Technology and Services team empowers people at Dropbox to do their best work. We're a motivated and creative team, and we thrive on helping people. We're dedicated to building scalable technology solutions that have broad impact for our growing teams around the world.
As a CorpOps Tier 3 Engineer at Dropbox, you'll be the tech lead for the Corporate Operations support team and drive productivity through integrations and automation. You'll provide technical guidance to our desktop support team and influence technical design and support decisions. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, possesses exceptional communication skills, can adapt to a fast paced environment and is passionate about providing the best support experience to our employees. With an eye on continuous improvement, you'll look for opportunities to drive productivity.
- Provide Tier 3 escalation support to the Ops team for all computing devices, applications, and related technologies
- Research and implement innovative, automated approaches for system administration tasks
- Develop automation workflows and integrations so our end user services are more efficient
- Work closely with infrastructure teams to ensure seamless transition of services from development to production
- Partner with internal tech leads to develop and drive solutions for complex issues, while minimizing downtime and impact to our users
- Lead projects and operational tasks during downtime
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills, analytical and problem-solving skills, written and verbal communication abilities.
- Scripting or programming knowledge (Python, Bash, Java or similar) for the purpose of automating IT tasks and monitoring + alerting internal systems
- Familiarity with management/automation tools (Chef, Puppet, Munki)
- Expert knowledge of Windows, Linux, Mac hardware and respective software (Windows, OSX, iOS and Android)
- Experience and application of ITIL principles
- Experience supporting a variety of cloud based applications (gApps, Slack, etc)
- 4+ years of experience working in an operations role
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks(technology and other relevant professional topics)
Meet Some of Dropbox's Employees
Billing & Payments Platform
This team is responsible for building, scaling, and enhancing the infrastructure that drives Dropbox’s business. Global payment processing, building APIs for partners, and ensuring that Dropbox’s financial systems run smoothly are some of the team's main goals.
Back to top