Corporate Media and Collaborations Systems Manager
Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world's creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
Our Information Technology and Services team empowers people at Dropbox to do their best work. We're a motivated and creative team, and we thrive on helping people. We're dedicated to building scalable technology solutions that have broad impact for our growing teams around the world.
The Media and Collaboration Systems Manager will run a staff of technical engineers and production video specialists responsible for the day to day operations, design and implementation of communication technologies as well as multi-platform media creation and distribution. You will help lead Dropbox into its next phase of success by developing and scaling new and existing tools aimed at helping Dropboxers communicate and collaborate more effectively and efficiently.
Dropbox is a company with global presence and has employees located all over the world. We support over 500 conference rooms in 10+ globally distributed office locations for over 2000 Dropboxers. We also support approximately 400 internal events and 40 production video projects per year.
Initial Focus Areas
AV/VC Technology Replacement and Rollout
- We are currently in the middle of an initiative to upgrade our global AV/VC system to improve performance and user experience. We would like to implement the new solution in a way that disrupts the service as little as possible with little to no impact to its users. This involves over 500 conference rooms in 10+ different offices.
- Dropbox is continuously growing and adding space where ever necessary. We support all office builds in designing and implementing all meeting rooms and common technology spaces. Our newest project is the addition of a new 700,000+ square foot San Francisco office that will serve as the new headquarters for Dropbox. This space will include a large theater space as well as a production video studio.
- As Dropbox continues to grow, the need for event support and production video services continue to increase. We are looking at scaling these services to a global audience by developing a framework that allows us to be more organized and efficient.
Experience leading technical teams in a technology company
- Our teams are technical, love exploring new technologies and innovating, plus we work in a product development company. You will have a strong technical background and also a curiosity about technology.
- We are growing fast and so is the demand on our infrastructure services. You will find growth exciting and show an ability to thrive under the pressures of growth and have a consistent track record of scaling infrastructure services in a global organization.
- The team is talented, has a strong culture of collaboration and embodies the Dropbox values. You will have experience in and enjoy fostering, mentoring and growing talented and motivated engineers and continue to stretch and challenge the team with high impact delivery. You will also have grown your career as a senior technical individual contributor into managing and leading technical teams.
- This role has a huge dependency on other teams at Dropbox and key stakeholders that depend on the capabilities for their business. You instinctively have a keen eye for detail to ensure work is coordinated across all teams and have the ability to build customer driven services. You are data driven and organized in order to build a strong roadmap of capabilities to meet the growing needs of Dropbox.
- 7+ years video production experience including working in a rapidly changing environment across multiple teams, preferably as a lead technician, technical director, or event manager
- 2+ years project management experience including AV/VC system deployment in an enterprise setting.
- Experience handling vendors to deliver defined projects.
- Experience in leading and scaling audio visual and video conferencing designs, system integration and resolution.
- BA/BS degree from a 4-year university/professional school or equivalent; work experience accepted.
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks(technology and other relevant professional topics)
Meet Some of Dropbox's Employees
Billing & Payments Platform
This team is responsible for building, scaling, and enhancing the infrastructure that drives Dropbox’s business. Global payment processing, building APIs for partners, and ensuring that Dropbox’s financial systems run smoothly are some of the team's main goals.
Back to top