Compensation Operations Analyst
Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world's creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
Our Recruiting & People team grows and develops the Dropbox family. We find, hire, and support the people who will shape our product and our company. We believe people do their best work when they're happy, so we work to make Dropbox a place where everyone can thrive.
As a Compensation Operations Analyst, you will focus on large-scale compensation delivery initiatives (compensation infrastructure, focal planning, benchmarking, etc.) to support Dropbox's growing employee population. You are responsible for developing, maintaining, and implementing base salary and annual bonus programs to support Compensation operations and drive business strategy.
- Serve as technical and project management lead for compensation processes and initiatives such as annual focal review, budgeting, and salary range analysis.
- Lead participation in compensation survey submission process and conduct external market pricing. Analyze results, formulate recommendations and updates, and maintain the compensation structure.
- Design and craft reusable compensation metrics, models, reports, and tools to inform decisions and/or analyze compensation trends. Develop and update quantitative models to assess compensation practices and competitive position.
- Apply expertise in quantitative analysis to measure and track key compensation and recruiting-related metrics to help inform, influence, support, and execute business decisions.
- Identify anomalies in large programs or analyses, continue to investigate, and bring proposals for solutions to appropriate parties.
- Primary internal clients include Recruiting and Compensation team. Own relationship between Workday, Internal Audit, and select Finance partners and the Compensation team.
- Own modeling, reporting, forecasting and tracking of company-wide budgets that include sign on, base salary increase, and bonus projections.
- Lead process to review, select, and implement survey management tool. Maintain and administer tool going forward.
- Develop effective communications and change management plans that ensure thorough understanding of programs and processes.
- Perform ad hoc project and program analysis as needed. Share observations and commentary beyond specific analysis requests.
- BA/BS degree, quantitative-focused major preferred
- 4+ years of experience in compensation, preferably within the technology industry or HR consulting firm
- Excellent analytical skills to effectively analyze data and build meaningful, understandable models, reports and metrics.
- Experience with presenting trends, identifying insights from large sets of data that could be useful for making business decisions
- Ability to develop concise presentations to illustrate and communicate related information
- Advanced Excel skills and process documentation skills(interviewprocess may include an Excel test)
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal interpersonal skills
- Experience with Greenhouse and Workday preferred
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks(technology and other relevant professional topics)
Meet Some of Dropbox's Employees
Will K.Staff Engineer
Will operates as the tech lead for a soon-to-be-released initiative and other special Dropbox projects. He also pushes for modern best practices for client application development on Mac and iOS.
Back to top