Compensation Business Partner - Sales Compensation
Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world's creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
Our Recruiting & People team grows and develops the Dropbox family. We find, hire, and support the people who will shape our product and our company. We believe people do their best work when they're happy, so we work to make Dropbox a place where everyone can thrive.
We're looking for an experienced Compensation Business Partner to join our Compensation Team. We collaborate with HR partners and business leaders to design and implement compelling compensation programs. We advise on complex compensation matters with in-depth analytics and strategic alignment to business goals. In this role, you will be client-facing and aligned to the Sales and Customer Experience teams to support their unique needs.
- Partner with internal teams to design and deliver balanced sales compensation programs that ensure delivery of business objectives and incentivizes our International sales team to high levels of achievement.
- Build a consultative and collaborative relationship with HR business partners, Sales leaders, Finance, and Sales Operations on compensation programs evolution and compensation initiatives.
- Work with the Recruiting team to deliver a delightful new hire process by applying Dropbox compensation policies in fair and equitable ways. This includes new hire offer package development to ensure alignment to market and internal peers.
- Assist the Sales Operations Team with questions around incentive plan components, sales quotas, compensation payouts, quota setting, and deal crediting.
- Develop and monitor key performance indicators and perform analysis on effectiveness of sales compensation programs.
- Assist with annual compensation processes, including merit increases, pay mix adjustments/alignment and equity grants for the Sales and Customer Experience team.
- Build and deliver compensation-related training and education materials to your client teams.
- Support effective compensation governance across Dropbox teams.
- BA/BS in related field
- 5+ years of experience in-house or advising, preferably for the technology industry or compensation consulting firm
- Strong knowledge and experience with sales compensation plan design and strong financial and business acumen
- Solid eye for business and the ability to influence and develop strong working relationships with multiple partners, including executives, line management, and peers.
- Experience in a client-facing role working and supporting US based and International Sales departments
- Strong change management and project management skills
- Strong written, presentation, and verbal communication skills
- Excellent Excel skills and detailed oriented
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks(technology and other relevant professional topics)
Meet Some of Dropbox's Employees
Billing & Payments Platform
This team is responsible for building, scaling, and enhancing the infrastructure that drives Dropbox’s business. Global payment processing, building APIs for partners, and ensuring that Dropbox’s financial systems run smoothly are some of the team's main goals.
Back to top