Capacity and Performance Engineer
- You will own end-to-end infrastructure support for product design, launch, and operations: support architecture design, define networking requirement, and help build code from scratch to support new product launch.
- Solve the hardest software performance issues: work with software developers closely to improve code base performance (e.g. algorithm redesign), reduce resource consumption and shorten request latency.
- Develop tools to monitor billions of user requests: you will write monitoring, reporting, data-mining tools to do performance and capacity-related tests and analysis.
- Provide deep visibility to what is going on for all products: run capacity and performance experiments to determine scaling and utilization parameters for various service tiers.
- Find the game changers and bring them on: you will work with financial analysts, operations and engineering to perform ground breaking technologies investigation and cost analysis.
- A lot of other cool work: identify capacity-related issues and work with systems, network, application teams to discover resolutions.
- You have a MS degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or other technical field preferred
- Bachelor degree or equivalent is required for this role
- You have experience working in extremely large-scale computing infrastructures
- Strong coding and scripting ability (C, C++, Java, python or Go)
- You hold solid database experience, MySQL preferred
- Strong analytical, budgeting and planning skills
- You use excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven ability to work effectively across multiple teams
Benefits and Perks
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Meet Some of Dropbox's Employees
Ruchi broadens the Dropbox infrastructure by directing an Engineering Team that builds cutting-edge services, keeping users coming back for more. She also brainstorms products that benefit users.
Back to top