Capacity and Performance Engineer
- You will own end-to-end infrastructure support for product design, launch, and operations: support architecture design, define networking requirement, and help build code from scratch to support new product launch.
- Solve the hardest software performance issues: work with software developers closely to improve code base performance (e.g. algorithm redesign), reduce resource consumption and shorten request latency.
- Develop tools to monitor billions of user requests: you will write monitoring, reporting, data-mining tools to do performance and capacity-related tests and analysis.
- Provide deep visibility to what is going on for all products: run capacity and performance experiments to determine scaling and utilization parameters for various service tiers.
- Find the game changers and bring them on: you will work with financial analysts, operations and engineering to perform ground breaking technologies investigation and cost analysis.
- A lot of other cool work: identify capacity-related issues and work with systems, network, application teams to discover resolutions.
- You have a MS degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or other technical field preferred
- Bachelor degree or equivalent is required for this role
- You have experience working in extremely large-scale computing infrastructures
- Strong coding and scripting ability (C, C++, Java, python or Go)
- You hold solid database experience, MySQL preferred
- Strong analytical, budgeting and planning skills
- You use excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven ability to work effectively across multiple teams
Benefits and Perks
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Meet Some of Dropbox's Employees
Head, Digital Demand Generation
Giancarlo manages Dropbox's digital demand generation efforts. He and his team work to increase Dropbox's brand awareness and deliver a pleasant user experience through marketing.
Back to top