Business Strategy Team Lead
Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world's creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
Our Business Strategy & Operations team sets and drives key business initiatives across the company. We complement and support product, engineering, sales, and marketing teams across three critical areas: corporate and business unit strategy, business planning and sales operations, and business systems and tools development.
The Business Strategy team partners closely with Sales, Marketing, Comms, Business Development and Product to set our strategy, drive key business initiatives, and change across the company. As a Lead on the team, you will report to the Head of Business Strategy and lead a team of ~4 Project Leads/Associates. You will work closely with our cross-functional teams team to set corporate and business-unit strategy, develop cross-functional operational plans, identify critical success metrics for the business, and lay the groundwork for their implementation. We are a fast growing company and you will have the opportunity to roll-up your sleeves and help to company move from strategy to execution.
- You will work closely with Dropbox's executive leadership to define and develop key business insights, drive scalable growth strategies, and help support the execution of these plans.
- You will structure and execute operational and strategic initiatives by gathering and synthesizing relevant data, leading analyses with the support of Analytics team and presenting final recommendations that will drive short- and long-term growth.
- You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to help guide initial implementation of critical plans.
- You will evaluate the performance of current business operations and recommend strategies and tactics to achieve business goals.
- You will need to stay abreast of and share industry, competitor, and consumer behavior trends that can impact Dropbox
- You will grow the Business Strategy team and provide coaching, thought partnership, and mentorship to BizStrat team members, define team culture, and engagement models.
- Bachelor's degree with strong academic performance; M.B.A. or other advanced technical degree preferred
- 4+ years experience in management consulting, private equity, or strategy & operations at a tech company; demonstrated top quartile performance in a consulting environment (or similar).
- Significant experience leading complex, cross-functional projects with multiple partners; experience with a rapidly scaling business is a plus
- Strong relationship-building skills and experience working closely with senior executives - the ability to develop strong working relationships with other business functions quickly, to operationalize key strategic initiatives.
- You are highly analytical, good at breaking down problems and delivering actions
- You have a low ego attitude: willing to shift from high-level critical thinking, to rolling up your sleeves and supporting implementation
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and a dynamic business landscape
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks(technology and other relevant professional topics)
Meet Some of Dropbox's Employees
Billing & Payments Platform
This team is responsible for building, scaling, and enhancing the infrastructure that drives Dropbox’s business. Global payment processing, building APIs for partners, and ensuring that Dropbox’s financial systems run smoothly are some of the team's main goals.
Back to top