Business Strategist MBA Grad (2017)
The Business Strategy & Operations team partners with Dropbox’s leadership team and operational leaders to drive key strategic initiatives, address critical business challenges, and develop and execute strategies that drive opportunities in Dropbox’s business. We also work with external partners across the tech ecosystem to develop new innovative growth strategies for Dropbox.
In your role, you will work alongside other functions such as product & design, engineering, sales,marketing, business development and finance. You will also work with existing or potential strategic partners and startups to identify future innovative growth opportunities for Dropbox. Depending on your tenure, you will drive projects and run cross-functional teams independently.
We are a fast growing company and you will have the opportunity to roll-up your sleeves and help the company move from strategy to execution.
- Work in partnership with Dropbox executive leadership to identify scalable business opportunities, then help build operational plans to execute against these opportunities
- Work with existing or potential strategic partners and startups to identify future creative growth opportunities to craft Dropbox’ growth trajectory
- Develop a deep understanding of Dropbox’s business operations, including internal processes, functional group strategies, and competitive context
- Build strong peer-level relationships with Dropbox senior management across the business and engineering organizations
- Work with cross-functional teams to help guide initial implementation of strategic plans
- Communicate findings to senior management and to the broader organization
- Help mentor junior team members
- At least 3 years experience in management consulting, investment banking, private equity, or in strategy from a leading tech company; experience with a rapidly scaling business is a plus
- Strong relationship-building skills and experience working closely with senior executives
- Excellent communication skills with the aptitude to distil complex issues and detailed analysis into simple, structured frameworks with concrete action plans
- Demonstrated experience and excellence in driving complex and cross-functional projects with multiple partners
- Highly analytical and able to extract business insights from analysis; strong financial modeling or statistical analytical skills are a plus
- Practical business sense with the ability to translate between strategic business decisions and their operational implications
- Comfort with ambiguity, uncertainty, and a dynamic business landscape
- Low ego attitude with a willingness to shift from high-level critical thinking to stepping in and helping to drive implementation alongside functional teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field.
Meet Some of Dropbox's Employees
Head, Digital Demand Generation
Giancarlo manages Dropbox's digital demand generation efforts. He and his team work to increase Dropbox's brand awareness and deliver a pleasant user experience through marketing.
Back to top