Brand Studio, Design Director
Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world's creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
Our Research & Design team crafts delightful experiences that make people's lives easier. We're a close-knit, collaborative group, guided by a highly iterative user-centered design process. Combining research, data, and thoughtful critique, we're discovering needs and solving fundamental problems that impact work and life for millions of people around the world.
We're looking for a strategic, supportive design director to oversee the designers, illustrators and creative directors on the brand studio. As a senior leader at Dropbox, you'll work with executives across the company to create conditions where expressive, opinionated design can keep happening. You'll also manage and mentor talent in the brand studio, making sure our designers, illustrators and creative directors have the support they need to do extraordinary work.
Your responsibilities will include...
- Inspire and lead our design team
- Set team goals and vision
- Maintain a high bar for quality design work
- Be a thought leader and a strategic partner to executives at the company
- Create a strategy for attracting and growing top-tier creative talent
- Help lead and creative direct external agencies
We're looking for someone whose approach is:
- Solution-oriented: You can handle conflict with maturity and calm, bring diplomacy and empathy to tough discussions, and set the bar for what effective and positive collaboration looks like across disciplines
- Inspiring and supportive: You can nurture a strong sense of community and purpose on the team, rally the troops, and inspire passion and great work
- Persuasive: You can be an articulate, thoughtful advocate for brand at our company, and an ambassador for Dropbox in the larger creative community
- Wise and reasonable: You're recognized for your sound judgment, and you're able to give valuable feedback to senior and junior staff
We're looking for someone with 10+ years of experience as a creative leader at top-tier, design-driven companies, and a track record of:
- Successful brand visual identity system design
- Managing, mentoring, and growing top-tier design talent
- Driving change in large organizations
- Working with cross-functional teams, external agencies and executive leadership
- Experience spanning design disciplines like illustration, animation, web design, events is a plus
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks(technology and other relevant professional topics)
Meet Some of Dropbox's Employees
Billing & Payments Platform
This team is responsible for building, scaling, and enhancing the infrastructure that drives Dropbox’s business. Global payment processing, building APIs for partners, and ensuring that Dropbox’s financial systems run smoothly are some of the team's main goals.
Back to top