Total Loss Claims Supervisor (Automotive Insurance Adjuster’s license required)
What drives you?
- Succeeding and making major contributions?
- The opportunity and support to maximize your potential?
- Working with an organization that makes you proud?
- Collaborating and thriving as part of a team?
We share your drive.
DriveTime is more than a company. We’re a true team of strong, highly motivated performers that is committed to ensuring the success of each customer—and of each professional. If you have a real passion for continual learning and growth, are flexible enough to handle various roles, and feel compelled to do what you know is right, we may have an excellent opportunity for you.
Our Total Loss Claims Supervisor leads a team to ensure that all total loss insurance accounts are evaluated. Verifies vehicle features and negotiates fair total loss settlements with insurance companies. Coordinates with the insurance companies and customers to get claims paid in a timely manner.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES – All job responsibilities listed below are essential to the satisfactory performance of this position by any/all incumbents, with reasonable accommodation, if necessary. Any non-essential functions are assumed to be included in “Other related duties as assigned”.
- Manage a team of 8-10 auto claims adjusters
- Ensures total loss claims are properly notated in the system.
- Make calls to insurance companies and customers in an effort to verify insurance information and gather information on insurance claims.
- Reviews incoming insurance settlement documents and vehicle evaluations.
- Negotiates settlement amounts with insurance companies
- Explains repair process to customers and works with repair shops.
- Evaluate job performance and give timely, consistent feedback and training as appropriate, based on observations of performance and behavior and the review of performance statistics
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma Required. Bachelor's Degree strongly preferred.
- 2+ years of management experience
- Requires an Automotive Insurance Adjuster’s license
- Claims adjusting experience
- Ability to interact with customers, managers, and co-workers in a professional, courteous manner
- Excellent written, verbal communication and listening skills required
- Skilled with PC and Microsoft Operating Systems software, a variety of telephone equipment, including headset or handset
The Physical demands described within are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job position is designated as a safety sensitive position.
Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds independently; majority of lifting from knee to shoulder heights; other lifting required from various levels.
Must be able to carry and transport up to 25 pounds up to 60 feet.
Requires standing for extended period of time with frequent stretching, reaching, walking and stooping, pushing and/or pulling.
Requires excellent visual acuity and manual dexterity.
Requires sitting for extended periods of time. Must be able to type for extended periods of time.
Requires being able to hear and speak with others in-person or on the phone.
Must adhere to regular and predictable attendance.
And when it comes to hiring, we don't just look for the right person for the job, we seek out the right person for DriveTime. Along the way, we provide plenty of opportunity to be creative and grow professionally in a fun, high-energy environment.
Hiring is contingent upon successful completion of our background and drug screening process. DriveTime is a drug-free, tobacco-free workplace.
Meet Some of DriveTime's Employees
Monica is responsible for preparing DriveTime’s quarterly and annual financial statements, as well as analyzing outcomes of potential businesses transactions the company considers entering into.
Back to top