What Drives You?
- The encouragement of other top performers and strong leaders?
- A culture of success with unique challenges and rewards?
- Career paths that prepare you for new roles and growth?
- An environment where helping others really matters?
We share your drive.
DriveTime is more than a company. We’re a true team of strong, highly motivated performers that is committed to ensuring the success of each customer and of each professional. If you have a real passion for continual learning and growth, are flexible enough to handle various roles, and feel compelled to do what you know is right, we may have an excellent opportunity for you.
This role must be able to apply business and accounting knowledge to perform a variety of duties such as reconciling and analyzing cash clearing accounts, preparing weekly cash reports, performing monthly financial close activities, and month end reporting. Communication with supervisors in all aspects of work including significant journal entries, trends and changes in cash clearing accounts is required.
- Facilitate the month-end close process by preparing journal entries, reviewing, and following through on all month end tasks.
- Prepare, maintain, and understand cash clearing account reconciliations.
- Research variances and discrepancies and propose timely adjustments.
- Review and understand assigned accounts for accuracy and ensure that transactions are properly recorded.
- Responsible for monitoring cash clearing accounts as well as acting as a liaison with accounting and treasury to communicate trends and, if necessary, coming up with possible solutions including recommending financial actions by analyzing options.
- Prepare cash and payment trend reports for management including variance analysis and be able to discuss these variances. •Support team members and engage with others in the department as well as other departments to ensure proper and efficient Accounting methods and processes are in place and are utilized.
- Identifying areas of opportunity to increase efficiencies within the current processes. Assist in or initiate process improvements to improve efficiency, productivity, and strengthen controls to improve the month end close cycle.
- Provide support to internal and external auditors during quarterly and year-end reviews relating to financial statement audits, including preparation of supporting documentation.
- Responsible for key controls as identified through SOX.
- Handle special assignments, projects, and responsibilities as requested including, but not limited to, ad hoc analysis, reconciliations, and reports.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting is required.
- Experience in accounting/finance with 1-3 years overall experience.
- CPA candidate or working towards CPA is highly desired.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Access with an advanced knowledge in Excel is required, and SQL expertise is highly preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in financial statement review and reconciliation.
- Must be highly organized and motivated.
- Must work with a high degree of accuracy and flexibility.
- Strong attention to detail, analytical skills, and timely delivery.
- Capacity to multi-task and prioritize.
- Must be a strategic thinker.
- Ability to deliver and collaborate across other functions of the business.
- Ability to work independently and be a self-starter.
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and change.
The Physical demands described within are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job position is designated as a safety sensitive position.
Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds independently; majority of lifting from knee to shoulder heights; other lifting required from various levels.
Must be able to carry and transport up to 25 pounds up to 60 feet.
Requires standing for extended period of time with frequent stretching, reaching, walking and stooping, pushing and/or pulling.
Requires excellent visual acuity and manual dexterity.
Requires sitting for extended periods of time. Must be able to type for extended periods of time.
Requires being able to hear and speak with others in-person or on the phone.
Must adhere to regular and predictable attendance.
And when it comes to hiring, we don't just look for the right person for the job, we seek out the right person for DriveTime. Along the way, we provide plenty of opportunity to be creative and grow professionally in a fun, high-energy environment.
Hiring is contingent upon successful completion of our background and drug screening process. DriveTime is a drug-free, tobacco-free workplace.
Meet Some of DriveTime's Employees
Monica is responsible for preparing DriveTime’s quarterly and annual financial statements, as well as analyzing outcomes of potential businesses transactions the company considers entering into.
Back to top