Senior Software Developer Engineer in Test (SDET)
DriveTime is ranked 12th nationally as the “best place to work” for IT employees. With over 150 dealerships across the country, and dedicated to continual growth, DriveTime is the nation’s largest integrated provider of quality pre-owned cars.
DriveTime takes pride in offering fair financing options for anyone with tricky credit issues; and, our company provides potential buyers the opportunity to choose from thousands of vehicles. Every customer can find—and fund—the car of their dreams!
DriveTime’s exceptional company culture is fueled by autonomy, collaboration, empowerment and transparency. We encourage innovation, continuous learning and personalized career development plans.
Our employees are DriveTime’s most valuable asset! Our focus on rapid growth and company culture equips us with a great platform to mentor, coach and lead our future architects.
Check out DriveTime in the news!
- Voted 12th Best Place to Work in IT
- DriveTime recognized as best place to work for IT
- DriveTime Corporate HQ heads to Tempe
- Competitive Salary + Full Benefits: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401K, life, Long-term Disability Insurance
- An AMAZING, progressive work environment featuring a gym, pool table, foosball, horse shoes, electronic gaming, Virtual Reality Room, a large outdoor turf for tossing Frisbees and footballs, gas BBQs, etc.
- Continuous Learning: Tuition Reimbursement Program & Technical Training
- Quarterly Annual Outings including Golfing, Spring Training Game, and Habitat for Humanity
Join a talented team who are looking for an experienced, motivated, and thoughtful Senior Software Development Engineer in Test ( SDET). Your deep understanding of programming in C#, automation using automation frameworks such as NUnit/xUnit, familiarity with object mocking frameworks, advanced scripting abilities, and a passion for middleware, integration, and test efficiency are keys to your success in this role.
This role sits within the Engineering department where you will work closely with the team to:
- Define coding standards
- Build a robust automation framework for UI and API (REST, WCF)Maintain and Make the existing framework solid (C#, Selenium, RestSharp, Specflow, Entity Framework)
- Executing tests in the cloud (sauce labs)
- Have the automation execute in the Continuous Integration environment
- Have a dashboard with reporting the test results (manual and automated)
- Mentor junior automation engineers
- Add mobile testing to the framework
Must have excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
- Proven experience developing automated test systems and scripts beyond record and playback.
- Proficient with Microsoft technologies
- Proven understanding of white box, grey box and black box testing techniques for web and mobile
- Excellent understanding of object oriented design principles
- Experience of source control systems and configuration management
- Experience using SQL with regard to writing and understanding queries and procedures
- Proven ability to deliver quality results in a busy and dynamic business focused environment
- Experience scripting in Selenium, Appium
- Experience using 3rd party automation tools. Experience with Visual Studio’s Coded UI module
- Experience using Microsoft TFS ALM system or similar
- Experience with performance/load testing
And when it comes to hiring, we don't just look for the right person for the job, we seek out the right person for DriveTime. Along the way, we provide plenty of opportunity to be creative and grow professionally in a fun, high-energy environment.
Hiring is contingent upon successful completion of our background and drug screening process. DriveTime is a drug-free, tobacco-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of DriveTime's Employees
Chief Executive Officer
Ray’s main mission is to continue to grow the DriveTime brand through the strategic intersections of modern technology and changing trends within the consumer demand.
Back to top