Senior Collections Manager (5+ years of experience leading leaders)
This position reports to an Assistant Director and is the Manager of an assigned team of Loan Advisors/Collectors in the call center. Their main task is to supervise the loan collection activities by hiring, training, motivating and monitoring their identified team, and by establishing partnerships with other key players such as the General Managers, Inspection Centers, Loan Review, and our Backend Collections Center.
As a Senior Collection Manager, you will:
- Provide guidance and strategic planning for servicing teams with respect to collection goals.
- Achieve delinquency objectives utilizing all servicing channels in a continually changing environment.
- Train and develop employees to advance through a career path.
- Conduct meetings to motivate and share successful servicing techniques and skills.
- Develop and enhance customer relationships by establishing, promoting, maintaining excellent customer service.
- Assist the DriveTime Management Team in ensuring all company-wide initiatives are implemented in a way that elicits buy-in from direct and indirect reports, maximizes impact, and contributes to meeting or exceeding company goals.
- Monitors and reviews the work of Collection Managers and their staff to ensure it is within Company, State and Federal guidelines. This includes using tools such as formal account reviews and side-by-side monitoring in order to create development plans to address any deficiencies.
- Work side-by-side with management and staff employees (including sales management) to observe work processes and practices, provide informal and formal constructive feedback, training and development to ensure effective follow through on improvement plans.
- Encourage new ideas throughout our operations center, actively support teamwork and strong positive relationships between management and subordinates.
- Identify, define, communicate, and implement best practices within the operations center through training and development.
Enjoy the Rewards and Benefits.
- Money: Base salary and uncapped bonus potential ($55,000 base pay with a $21,600 + bonus potential).
- Top Perks: Industry leading management training, tuition reimbursement and a casual and fun atmosphere.
- Schedule: Enjoy a 5-day work week with the occasional Saturday. Sundays we’re always off. Major holidays off too! We work hard and play hard, so you can expect to have work life balance with DriveTime.
- Excellent Medical, Dental & Vision Plans
- 401K Plan with company contribution
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- 5+ years of management experience in a call center or retail environment,
- 5+ years of experience managing 5-10 leaders and multiple teams
- Knowledge of Fair Debt Collection Practices Act a plus
- Excellent leadership, organizational and communication skills
- Ability to ask for payments and handle customer requests.
- Required to work a flexible schedule including some evenings and Saturdays.
The Physical demands described within are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job position is designated as a safety sensitive position.
Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds independently; majority of lifting from knee to shoulder heights; other lifting required from various levels.
Must be able to carry and transport up to 25 pounds up to 60 feet.
Requires standing for extended period of time with frequent stretching, reaching, walking and stooping, pushing and/or pulling.
Requires excellent visual acuity and manual dexterity.
Requires sitting for extended periods of time. Must be able to type for extended periods of time.
Requires being able to hear and speak with others in-person or on the phone.
Must adhere to regular and predictable attendance.
And when it comes to hiring, we don't just look for the right person for the job, we seek out the right person for DriveTime. Along the way, we provide plenty of opportunity to be creative and grow professionally in a fun, high-energy environment.
Hiring is contingent upon successful completion of our background and drug screening process. DriveTime is a drug-free, tobacco-free workplace.
Back to top