Puritan Life Insurance Company(A SilverRock Company) operates as a life insurance company, selling whole life, annuity and accident and health products. Puritan engages in reinsurance contracts with various reinsurers. Headquartered in a new state of the art facility in Tempe, Arizona, the Company offers a progressive and upbeat work environment where teamwork and collaboration thrive. By leveraging its existing relationships with several key players within the used auto retail and finance sectors, the Company’s future growth offers individuals a unique opportunity to gain valuable hands-on experience across a wide array of disciplines.
Puritan/ SilverRock is more than a company. We’re a true team of strong, highly motivated performers, committed to ensuring the success of each customer—and of each professional. If you have a real passion for continual learning and growth, are flexible enough to handle various roles, and feel compelled to do what you know is right, we may have an excellent opportunity for you.
The Senior Accountant position is responsible for understanding highly specialized accounting concepts required to maintain the general ledger and supporting subsidiary ledgers and ensuring compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Statutory Accounting Principles (SSAP). Working under the direction of the Controller, the Senior Accountant assists in coordinating the activities of the accounting staff including review of complex issues and general reconciliations coupled with an emphasis on the ability to manage the planning, performance, presentation and completion of special projects. This position will also have regular, direct interactions with individuals on the operational side of the business.
- Maintain and analyze general and supporting ledgers, and analyze to ensure accurate and relevant information
- Facilitate the month-end close process by preparing journal entries, reviewing and following through on all month end tasks
- Perform budget to actual analysis and variance explanation
- Assist in preparation of the quarterly and annual insurance filings and schedules therein
- Assist in preparation of consolidated GAAP financial statements
- Assist in preparation and communication of management reports
- Support development and research of accounting policies and procedures
- Assist in documentation of multifaceted accounting issues and conclusions thereon
- Perform special assignments/projects and responsibilities as requested including, but not limited to, ad hoc financial analysis and/or accounting department tasks.
- Review and approve staff reconciliations and journal entries
- Identify areas of opportunity to increase efficiencies within current processes and assist in or initiate process improvements.
- Research, analyze and document conclusions on new and existing accounting policies, Assist in training and development of staff
Enjoy the Rewards and Benefits.
- Competitive base pay with bonus
- Outstanding medical, dental and vision plans (after just 30 days)! 401K match, too!
- We’re a unique, highly respected, national company with a strong culture of promoting from within. This isn’t a job. It’s a career.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting (licensed CPA preferred)
- 3-5 years overall experience in accounting (audit and/or insurance industry experience a plus)
- Strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP); understanding of Statutory Accounting Principles a plus
- Ability to develop and communicate accounting policies and procedures
- Communication skills essential as well as ability to work in fast-paced environment
- Ability to effectively coordinate, supervise and develop staff
- Ability to analyze financial data and to prepare timely reports
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to maintain detailed records
- Ability to prioritize/re-prioritize multiple projects and/or deadlines
- Ability to confidently converse with and present to senior management
- Advanced Excel skills
Hiring is contingent upon successful completion of our background and drug screening process.
SilverRock/ Puritan is a drug-free, tobacco-free workplace.
Back to top