The Reconditioning Manager is responsible for assisting in the management of all aspects of the Inspection Center; including bottom line management (BLM), work flow, performance management, and quality assurance resolution. The Reconditioning Manager must be able to meet goals and make sure that all vehicles purchased at auction meet our standards and are able to come with the 3 year/36,000 mile warranty we supply our customers before they are sent to our retail stores for final sale.
- Ensure the dealerships are constantly supplied with a sufficient variety of high quality vehicles to meet their sales demand.
- Achieve BLM objectives through the effective management of the Inspection Center team, operating expenses, efficiency, quality, and productivity.
- Implement and execute all company-wide or regional level initiatives so as to maximize their impact and help meet or exceed inventory and BLM goals.
- Work with regional management and buyer team to establish supply chain goals.
- Complete recruiting, screening, and hiring of the Inspection Center team members using methods designed to reduce turnover and improve performance.
Inspection Center Team Effectiveness
- Hold regularly scheduled meetings with all Inspection Center staff.
- Ensure Team Leads are effectively training and developing their direct reports.
- Evaluate Inspection Center team performance and give feedback constantly, regularly, and in a timely manner based on both observations of performance, behavior, and a review of performance statistics.
- Assist in the completion and conduct of performance evaluations.
- Excellent medical, dental, & vision plans
- Great training and tuition reimbursement
- A culture of opportunity and promotion from within
- Sunday's off (we're closed to give our employees valued time with family and friends)
- Reliable schedule
- No customers; you just do what you do best, fix cars and work as a team
- 401K Plan with company contribution
We're looking for talented and ambitious team players with these qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent, college degree in business or vocational/technical school preferred.
- 5-7 years total automotive repair experience preferred, including 3-4 years managing a minimum of 15 employees.
- Supply chain management preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and listening skills.
- Must demonstrate the ability to effectively manage and work with all levels of employees and customers, and work in conjunction with various corporate groups to achieve corporate and ground goals.
- Must adhere to regular and predictable attendance.
- Valid driver's license, good driving record.
- Any equivalent combination of experience, training, and/or education which fulfills the requirements of the position will be considered
The Physical demands described within are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job position is designated as a safety sensitive position.
Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds independently; majority of lifting from knee to shoulder heights; other lifting required from various levels.
Must be able to carry and transport up to 60 pounds up to 20 feet.
Requires standing for extended period of time with frequent stretching, reaching, walking and stooping, pushing and/or pulling in an environment that may be cold, hot, noisy, and wet and may have fumes or odors due to vehicle maintenance.
Requires excellent visual acuity and manual dexterity.
Requires use of safety equipment that may include but not limited to face shield or goggles, non-slip shoes, gloves, mask, and other protective garments and equipment.
Requires some driving and frequent typing.
Must adhere to regular and predictable attendance.
Hiring is contingent upon successful completion of our background and drug screening process. DriveTime is a drug-free, tobacco-free workplace.
Back to top