Operations Manager (AMP Program)
DriveTime is a billion dollar company and the Nation's largest chain of financing dealerships. We are opening 15 new dealerships nationwide in the next 18 months. We are looking for current leaders to train and become General Managers of our Inspection Centers, which provide support to the dealerships.
What is the Accelerated Management Program?
Our industry-defining Inspection Center Accelerated Management Program (AMP) is the ideal platform for anyone who feels they're stuck at a dead-end in their current management career. This is a unique opportunity to leverage your existing leadership skills, tune them to our business philosophy, and move forward on an advanced level of management. Through this well-defined career-path you'll enjoy accomplished colleagues with like-minded career ambition, the supportive resources of our billion dollar company, and our "small-company feel." You will have the opportunity to run an inspection center as a General Manager in 6 months or less. We'll give you the right tools and the fast track, you choose how far and how fast you accelerate your career.
As a General Manager, you will:
- Ensure the dealerships are constantly supplied with a sufficient variety of high quality vehicles to meet their sales demand.
- Achieve BLM objectives through the effective management of the Inspection Center team, operating expenses, efficiency, quality, and productivity.
- Implement and execute all company-wide or regional level initiatives so as to maximize their impact and help meet or exceed inventory and BLM goals.
- Complete recruiting, screening, and hiring of the Inspection Center team members using methods designed to reduce turnover and improve performance.
- Ensure direct reports are being effectively trained and developed.
Enjoy the Rewards and Benefits
Money: Base salary and bonus potential after the 6 month training period (your near future: General Managers earn $60,000 base pay + $20,000 bonus potential.
Top Perks: Company car, industry leading management training, tuition reimbursement and a casual and fun atmosphere.
Schedule: Enjoy a 5-day work week, with weekends off. Major holidays off too! We work hard and play hard, so you can expect to have work life balance with DriveTime.
- A Bachelor’s degree
- 5-7 years managing a minimum of 15 employees, preferred.
- Supply chain management preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and listening skills.
- Must demonstrate the ability to effectively manage and work with all levels of employees and customers, and work in conjunction with various corporate groups to achieve corporate and ground goals.
- Willingness to relocate: opportunities for relocation are nationwide. Corporate housing and relocation assistance will be provided.
- Valid driver's license, good driving record.
The Physical demands described within are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job position is designated as a safety sensitive position.
Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds independently; majority of lifting from knee to shoulder heights; other lifting required from various levels.
Must be able to carry and transport up to 25 pounds up to 60 feet.
Requires standing for extended period of time with frequent stretching, reaching, walking and stooping, pushing and/or pulling.
Requires excellent visual acuity and manual dexterity.
Requires sitting for extended periods of time. Must be able to type for extended periods of time.
Requires being able to hear and speak with others in-person or on the phone.
Must adhere to regular and predictable attendance.
And when it comes to hiring, we don't just look for the right person for the job, we seek out the right person for DriveTime. Along the way, we provide plenty of opportunity to be creative and grow professionally in a fun, high-energy environment.
Hiring is contingent upon successful completion of our background and drug screening process. DriveTime is a drug-free, tobacco-free workplace.
Back to top