Lot Technician ($12-15 per hour)
What Drives You?
- Career paths to the Inspection Centers and Senior Management roles?
- Meaningful work in a stable, promote-from-within organization?
- Professional satisfaction and helping others?
- A workspace that is team based, dynamic, fast, fun, and challenging?
We share your drive.
Responsible for working as part of a diverse team in executing lot management to include inventory operations, vehicle maintenance, vehicle cleanliness, vehicle merchandising and display, vehicle transportation, vendor relationships and lot / building image and maintenance.
All job responsibilities listed below are essential to the satisfactory performance of this position by any/all incumbents, with reasonable accommodation, if necessary. Any non-essential functions are assumed to be included in "Other related duties as assigned."
- Responsible for management of all vehicle operations at the DriveTime dealership
- Provide outstanding customer service and direction to all guests
- Conduct minor repairs and routine maintenance to vehicles
- Complete multi-point inspection on arriving inventory to include fuel level, safety features, drivability test and proper display of all company and state disclosures
- Conduct routine vehicle inventory which includes front-line inventory, trade-ins, lot drops and lot repairs
- Ensure inventory is properly merchandised, cleaned and displayed for maximum customer appeal
- Ensure each vehicle is inspected weekly for mechanical, drivability or cosmetic concerns
- Perform dealer trades to neighboring DriveTime dealerships
- Maintain positive relationships with external repair and supply vendors
- Review processes and make recommendations as needed
- Complete additional technical training as available and/or required
- Face-to-face customer interaction
Enjoy the Rewards and Benefits.
Pay: $12-$15 per hour depending on experience
Benefits: Outstanding medical, dental and vision plans, paid time-off, tuition reimbursement, and 401K matching! (After only 30 days!)
Schedule: Expect a consistent schedule that allows everyone to work with customers during peak times. Enjoy a 5-day week with Sundays always off.
Future: We’re a unique, highly respected, nationwide company with a strong culture of promoting from within. This isn’t a job. It’s a career.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Technical degree preferred
- 3-5 years of technical experience required
- Ability to work with little supervision
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Basic computer knowledge to include the use of Microsoft Office
- Must be 18 years of age and have a valid driver’s license
- Must have no more than 2 moving violations in the last 3 years or DUI
- Ability to work as a team player and interact with customers, managers and coworkers in a professional, courteous manner
The Physical demands described within are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job position is designated as a safety sensitive position.
Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds independently; majority of lifting from knee to shoulder heights; other lifting required from various levels.
Must be able to carry and transport up to 60 pounds up to 20 feet.
Requires standing for extended period of time with frequent stretching, reaching, walking and stooping, pushing and/or pulling in an environment that may be cold, hot, noisy, and wet and may have fumes or odors due to vehicle maintenance.
Requires excellent visual acuity and manual dexterity.
Requires use of safety equipment that may include but not limited to face shield or goggles, non-slip shoes, gloves, mask, and other protective garments and equipment.
Requires some driving and frequent typing.
Must adhere to regular and predictable attendance.
Hiring is contingent upon successful completion of our background and drug screening process. DriveTime is a drug-free, tobacco-free workplace.
Meet Some of DriveTime's Employees
Monica is responsible for preparing DriveTime’s quarterly and annual financial statements, as well as analyzing outcomes of potential businesses transactions the company considers entering into.
Back to top