Internal Audit Manager
With over 140 locations (and adding more) across the country, DriveTime is not only the nation’s largest pre-owned car dealerships, but is also recognized as one of the best places to work. We have an exceptional company culture fueled by collaboration, autonomy, empowerment and transparency. We encourage innovation, continuous learning and personalized career development plans. People are our most valuable asset!!! Our rapid growth and focus on culture is a great platform to mentor, coach and lead our future executives.
The Internal Audit Manager is responsible for managing the audit team’s day to day operations of various Financial and Operational audits, Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) scoping and related work, and Regulatory Compliance audits for the organization to ensure compliance with DriveTime policies and procedures as well as applicable state and federal regulations.
- Oversee and manage the planning, design, and conduct of financial audits, operational audits, SOX compliance program, consumer compliance audit program, fraud investigations, or other audits and special projects as required.
- Prepare and present reports of findings and recommendations to senior management.
- Provide guidance and leadership to audit staff as necessary including coaching, development, and annual performance reviews.
- Develop and manage the IA staff schedule to ensure timely execution of the annual audit plan.
- Review internal policies and procedures to ensure they are written clearly, comprehensively, provide sufficient internal controls, and are in compliance with applicable regulations.
- Identify and assess areas of risk within the internal control environment and make recommendations for improvements to existing internal controls as necessary.
- Engage in DriveTime's culture, including the development of professional relationships with audit personnel, management, and DriveTime employees.
- Monitor developments in the regulatory environment and Financial Services Industry, analyze the impact of developments on new and existing programs and practices, and communicate assessment of the impact to management and affected employees as necessary.
- Pursue continuing education and/or professional development as appropriate.
- Other special projects as assigned.
- Successful candidate will possess a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting / Finance or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience in an internal or external auditing environment with 1+ years spent in a leadership role
- Experience in the Financial Services industry is preferred.
- Experience in executing Audit programs and workpaper documentation
- Experience with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) 404 control testing
- CPA and/or CIA designation is preferred
- Position requires approximately 5% - 10% overnight and domestic travel
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications including Word & Excel. Experience building and executing queries in SQL is a plus
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, a high degree of personal integrity, and the ability to work under limited supervision.
- Must be able to multi-task, prioritize projects, and adapt to changing business needs
And when it comes to hiring, we don't just look for the right person for the job, we seek out the right person for DriveTime. Along the way, we provide plenty of opportunity to be creative and grow professionally in a fun, high-energy environment.
Hiring is contingent upon successful completion of our background and drug screening process. DriveTime is a drug-free, tobacco-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of DriveTime's Employees
Chief Executive Officer
Ray’s main mission is to continue to grow the DriveTime brand through the strategic intersections of modern technology and changing trends within the consumer demand.
Back to top