DriveTime is a billion dollar+ company and the nation's largest chain of financing dealerships. We are opening 30 new stores nationwide in the next 18 months and looking for talented people we can groom into the next general managers at our dealerships.
What is the Accelerated Management Program?
Our industry-defining Accelerated Management Program (AMP) is the ideal platform for anyone who feels they're stuck at a dead-end in their current management career. This is a unique opportunity to leverage your existing leadership skills, tune them to our business philosophy, and move forward on an advanced level of management. Through this well-defined career-path you'll enjoy accomplished colleagues with like-minded career ambition, the supportive resources of our billion dollar company, and our "small-company feel." You will have the opportunity to run a store as a General Manager in 6 months or less. We'll give you the right tools and the fast track, you choose how far and how fast you accelerate your career.
As a General Manager, you will:
- Provide guidance and strategic planning for the dealership with respect to sales goals
- Achieve sales volume and profitability objectives utilizing all sales channels in a continually changing environment
- Implement and execute all company-wide marketing initiatives so as to maximize their impact and to help meet or exceed sales goals
- Train and develop employees to advance through a careerpath
- Identify referral source prospects for dealership, create a strategy to develop relationships with prospects, and monitor and maintain positive referral source relationships
- Conduct sales meetings to motivate and share successful selling techniques and skills.
- Develop and enhance customer relationships by establishing, promoting, maintaining excellent customer service with sales operations
Enjoy the Rewards and Benefits.
Money: Base salary during the 6 month training period (your near future: General Managers earn $60,000 base pay + $50,000 bonus potential).
Top Perks: Company car, industry leading management training, tuition reimbursement and a casual and fun atmosphere.
Schedule: Enjoy a 5-day work week with Sundays always off. Major holidays off too! We work hard and play hard, so you can expect to have work life balance with DriveTime.
Qualified applicants must possess:
- A Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of management experience
- General Manager, Retail Manager or Mulit Unit Manager experience preferred
Ability to ask for the sale and handle customer requests
- Ability to relocate required after 6 month training. Corporate housing may be provided (depending on location) and relocation assistance may be provided
The Physical demands described within are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job position is designated as a safety sensitive position.
Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds independently; majority of lifting from knee to shoulder heights; other lifting required from various levels.
Must be able to carry and transport up to 25 pounds up to 60 feet.
Requires standing for extended period of time with frequent stretching, reaching, walking and stooping, pushing and/or pulling.
Requires excellent visual acuity and manual dexterity.
Requires sitting for extended periods of time. Must be able to type for extended periods of time.
Requires being able to hear and speak with others in-person or on the phone.
Must adhere to regular and predictable attendance.
And when it comes to hiring, we don't just look for the right person for the job, we seek out the right person for DriveTime. Along the way, we provide plenty of opportunity to be creative and grow professionally in a fun, high-energy environment.
Hiring is contingent upon successful completion of our background and drug screening process. DriveTime is a drug-free, tobacco-free workplace.
Back to top