With 140 locations (and adding more) across the country, DriveTime is not only nation’s largest pre-owned car dealerships but is also recognized as one of the best places to work for Information Technology employees. The company prides itself on finding fair financing options for folks with tricky credit issues, as well as providing potential buyers with thousands of vehicles to choose from, so that every customer can find—and fund—the car of their dreams!
We have an exceptional company culture fueled by collaboration, autonomy, empowerment and transparency. We encourage innovation, continuous learning and personalized career development plans. People are our most valuable asset!!! Our rapid growth and focus on culture is a great platform to mentor, coach and lead our future architects and executives.
- Competitive Salary + Full Benefits: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401K, life, Long-term Disability Insurance
- An amazing, progressive work environment (table top shuffleboard, pool table, foosball table, horse shoes, etc.)
- Continuous Learning: Tuition Reimbursement Program & Technical Training(s)
- Free Snacks and Beverages!
- Quarterly Annual Outings including Golfing, Spring Training Game, and Habitat for Humanity
Check out DriveTime in the news!
- Voted 15th Best Place to Work in IT
- DriveTime recognized as best place to work for IT
- DriveTime Corporate HQ heads to Tempe
We are in the process of building out our DevOps team at DriveTime and are looking to hire an additional DevOps engineer.
Currently, we are using Jenkins, TFS, GitHub, ProGet and other technologies to support our CI/CD processes. Most of these platforms have been loosely utilized and maintained by all the development teams to various degrees, but we would like to consolidate these responsibilities under our DevOps team.
In parallel to shoring up our DevOps efforts, the development teams at DriveTime are starting an initiative to focus more on feature driven development, unit testing, integration testing and end to end testing. In support of this, our goal is to have DevOps support these efforts as much as possible to increase the overall quality and time to market of our development efforts, as well as provide a consistent engineering experience from team to team at DriveTime.
All of these efforts involve creating highly automated, highly unit tested CI/CD processes that focus on optimizing our SDLC and providing guidance to our development teams whenever possible.
- Develop automation and processes to enable teams to deploy, manage, configure, scale and monitor their applications in data centers and in cloud.
- Actively participate in high level team activities such as suggesting architecture improvements, recommending process improvements and conducting tool evaluations.
- Help solve business needs with technology by evaluating different options and vendor products.
- System troubleshooting and problem solving across platform and application domains.
- Participate in on-call escalations to troubleshoot customer facing issues.
- Take ownership of end-to-end solutions provided by teams across the organization.
- 3+ years of experience as DevOps Engineer supporting development efforts in a high availability environment or 3+ years of Development experience with exposure to working on a CI/CD platform
- Extensive knowledge of Windows based systems including software, IIS, and .NET applications.
- Experience with CI tools such as Jenkins, Bamboo or Team City.
- Experience in development with PowerShell or other scripting languages.
- Solid understanding of Software Development Life Cycle, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
- Experience working with high availability, high performance, multi-data center systems and hybrid cloud environments.
- Solid understanding of both network and systems security.
- Strong ability to troubleshoot complex issues ranging from system resources to application stack traces.
- Comfortable with Agile methodologies and working closely within small teams.
- BS in Computer Science.
Specific skillsets that are not required but nice to have
- Working knowledge of cloud infrastructure and services (we use Azure).
- Automation experience using configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Vagrant, or Docker.
- Experience with NodeJS
And when it comes to hiring, we don't just look for the right person for the job, we seek out the right person for DriveTime. Along the way, we provide plenty of opportunity to be creative and grow professionally in a fun, high-energy environment.
Hiring is contingent upon successful completion of our background and drug screening process. DriveTime is a drug-free, tobacco-free workplace.
Back to top