What Drives You?
- Career paths with opportunities to learn vital roles and skills?
- Meaningful work in a stable, promote-from-within organization?
- Professional satisfaction and helping others
- A workspace that is dynamic, fast, fun, and challenging?
We share your drive.
DriveTime is more than a company. We’re a true team of strong, highly motivated performers that is committed to ensuring the success of each customer—and of each professional. If you have a real passion for continual learning and growth, are flexible enough to handle various roles, and feel compelled to do what you know is right, we may have an excellent opportunity for you.
With 140 locations (and adding more) across the country, DriveTime is not only nation’s largest pre-owned car dealerships but is also recognized as one of the best places to work. We have an exceptional company culture fueled by collaboration, autonomy, empowerment and transparency. We encourage innovation, continuous learning and personalized career development plans. People are our most valuable asset!!! Our rapid growth and focus on culture is a great platform to mentor, coach and lead our future executives.
DriveTime is looking for a Controller / Accounting Manager with a strategic focus and analytical mind set to evaluate and communicate the financial impact of business decisions for senior leaders of the organization while ensuring compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) through technical research and implementation of highly specialized accounting concepts. This position will be expected to stimulate intellectual curiosity at all levels within their group in order to drive process enhancements and challenge the status quo.
- Perform detailed analysis of financial information, analyze and evaluate revenue and expenditure balances and trends
- Communicate variances and assist operations with understanding and analyzing financial reports
- Ensure the understanding of accounting implications of business decisions through collaboration with operations
- Analyze and report on profitability for business segments
- Perform budget to actual analysis and variance explanation
- Support development and research of technical accounting policies and procedures on key transactions as required
- Review and analyze inputs/outputs from significant accounting models
- Make recommendations for system, process, policy and procedure changes
- Propose initiatives to help streamline close and optimize accounting processes
- Determine best practices, identify opportunities and drive process improvement
- Open line of communication with Director, CAO and CFO
- Support external and internal auditors with quarterly reviews and annual audits
- Provide direction and development to all team members so they can perform at their highest level of potential
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant accounting experience, ideally with some direct supervisory experience.
- Self-starter with a passion for leading, training and process improvements.
- Strong technical, interpersonal and management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting (licensed CPA preferred)
- Strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Ability to develop and communicate accounting policies and procedures
- Communication skills essential as well as ability to work in fast-paced environment
- Ability to effectively coordinate and supervise staff
- Ability to analyze financial data and to prepare timely reports
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to maintain detailed records
- Ability to prioritize/re-prioritize multiple projects and/or deadlines
- Ability to confidently converse with and present to senior management
- Advanced Excel skills
When it comes to hiring, we don't just look for the right person for the job, we seek out the right person for DriveTime. Along the way, we provide plenty of opportunity to be creative and grow professionally in a fun, high-energy environment.
Check out DriveTime in the news!
Hiring is contingent upon successful completion of our background and drug screening process. DriveTime is a drug-free, tobacco-free workplace.
Back to top