This position reports to an Assistant Director and is the Manager of an assigned team of Loan Advisors/Collectors in the call center. Their main task is to supervise the loan collection activities by hiring, training, motivating and monitoring their identified team, and by establishing partnerships with other key players such as the General Managers, Inspection Centers, Loan Review, and our Backend Collections Center.
They work with the members of the Loan Servicing team on various functions including, but not limited to: collections, mechanical issues, bounced downs, lot drops, and voluntary repossessions. Their main goals are to provide excellent customer service while controlling charge-offs, to control delinquency, and the accounts which roll over into our Mesa Backend Collection Center. They are responsible for the achievement of call center goals including documenting, analyzing, and resolving customer collection issues accurately, promptly and in a professional manner. The Loan Advisor Manager will also assist the Assistant Director in reviews, monitoring and directing collection activity, assuring company policies and procedures and state and federal laws are followed.
Call Center Goals and Strategies
Develops and trains Loan Advisors/Collectors so they can be successful in providing excellent customer service while meeting loan servicing goals. People development is the key goal.
- Monitors and reviews work of Loan Advisors to ensure it is effective, and within Company and Legal policy. This includes using tools such as formal account reviews and side-by-side monitoring in order to create development plans for their staff to address any deficiencies.
- Provide daily goals and strategy to their team that will maximize long-term success.
- Must have effective communication, both verbal and written.
- Administer continuous training efforts by browsing accounts, answering Loan Advisor's questions; handle escalated calls, review skip accounts, and side by side training.
- Have strong analytical and problem solving skills, able to make sound business decisions, and use good judgment in relation to the handling of delinquent accounts.
- Mathematical ability necessary in calculating payment plans and past due amounts.
- Demonstrate good verbal communication, organizational skills, and negotiation, leadership, and data entry skills.
- Provide guidance and training in collections related areas to all Loan Advisors as well as handling supervisor/manager talk-offs, or elevated calls involving potential collection issues.
- Collaborate with a store General Manager or Sales Manager on a customer who may be attempting to voluntary surrender, either as a lot drop or when requesting pick up of their vehicle, in an attempt to keep them in the vehicle.
- Identifies and recommends methods to improve management and operations of loan/collection administration involving enhanced work processes, increased responsiveness, efficient use of resources and quality service delivery.
- Recruit, screen, interview, hire, and develop successful Loan Advisors/Collectors.
- Provide proactive leadership to the team to achieve maximum performance that results in a method consistent with DriveTime's vision and values.
- Evaluate job performance and give timely, consistent feedback and training as appropriate, based on observations of performance and behavior and the review of performance statistics.
- Implement and execute any company-wide training initiatives as directed. As well as conduct Knowledge checks to ensure understanding of training. Complete and conduct semi-annual performance evaluations for direct reports.
The duties and responsibilities listed below are intended to provide general guidelines and parameters for the job and are not intended to be a comprehensive, detailed description of the job.
Enjoy the Rewards and Benefits.
- Money: Base salary and uncapped monthly bonus potential
- Top Perks: Industry leading management training, tuition reimbursement and a casual and fun atmosphere.
- Schedule: Enjoy a 5-day work week with the occasional Saturday. Sundays we’re always off. Major holidays off too! We work hard and play hard, so you can expect to have work life balance with DriveTime.
- Excellent Medical, Dental & Vision Plans
- 401K Plan with company contribution
• Bachelor's Degree preferred
• 2+ years of management experience in a call center or retail environment
• Knowledge of Fair Debt Collection Practices Act a plus
• Must be self-motivated with strong decision making and problem solving abilities.
• Skilled with PC and Microsoft Operating Systems software, a variety of telephone equipment, including headset or handset.
• Ability to work cooperatively with other employees, customers, clients, and other involved parties.
• Required to work a flexible schedule including some evenings and Saturdays.
The Physical demands described within are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job position is designated as a safety sensitive position.
Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds independently; majority of lifting from knee to shoulder heights; other lifting required from various levels.
Must be able to carry and transport up to 25 pounds up to 60 feet.
Requires standing for extended period of time with frequent stretching, reaching, walking and stooping, pushing and/or pulling.
Requires excellent visual acuity and manual dexterity.
Requires sitting for extended periods of time. Must be able to type for extended periods of time.
Requires being able to hear and speak with others in-person or on the phone.
Must adhere to regular and predictable attendance.
And when it comes to hiring, we don't just look for the right person for the job, we seek out the right person for DriveTime. Along the way, we provide plenty of opportunity to be creative and grow professionally in a fun, high-energy environment.
Hiring is contingent upon successful completion of our background and drug screening process. DriveTime is a drug-free, tobacco-free workplace.
Back to top