Automotive Technician (No Weekends + Free Benefits)
What Drives You?
- Making your mark with a company known for excellence?
- A chance for real work/life balance?
- Collaborating and thriving as part of a team?
- Exceptional rewards for excellent results?
We Share Your Drive.
Recondition and repair incoming inventory in preparation for delivery to dealerships. Reconditioning process includes identification of mechanical and physical problems, and completion of repairs to correct identified problems.
The duties and responsibilities listed below are intended to provide general guidelines and parameters for the job and are not intended to be a comprehensive, detailed description of the job.
- Move cars from the Inspection Center lot into and out of the shop safely for repair
- Identify mechanical and physical defects in incoming inventory
- Work with Inspection Center Management to repair or reject inventory based on estimated cost of repairs and/or the overall quality of the vehicle
- Identify and complete repairs effectively and efficiently the first time, to minimize re-work and delays in production
- May be required to test drive repaired vehicle to ensure that the problem has been completely fixed
- Work as a contributing member of the Inspection Center team
- Maintain positive working relationships with the Technician team and other Inspection Center employees
- Conscientiously work in ways that decrease possibility of injury to yourself or other team members in the shop due to spills or other preventable hazardous conditions
- Meet or exceed inventory production goals on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Complete additional technical training as available and/or required
- Conduct business within DriveTime policies and procedures
- Act ethically, with integrity and in the best interest of the customer and the business at all times
- Portray a positive image of DriveTime and actively participate in the creation of a positive, professional work environment
Enjoy the Rewards and Benefits
Money: Competitive pay on an hourly basis. No flat-rate here!
Benefits: Outstanding medical, dental and vision plans (After just 30 days)! 401K match too!
Schedule: Enjoy a Monday through Friday schedule with a full 40 hour week!
Future: We’re a unique, highly respected, nationwide company with a strong culture of promoting from within. This isn’t a job. It’s a career
Keys to success.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Vocational/Technical degree or professional experience equivalent.
- Automotive repair experience required.
- ASE certifications strongly preferred.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Attention to detail is required as well as the ability to interact with customers, managers and coworkers in a professional, courteous manner.
- Valid driver's license, and insurable DMV required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Any equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience that fulfills the requirements of the position will be considered.
Hiring is contingent upon successful completion of our background and drug screening process. DriveTime is a tobacco-free workplace.
The Physical demands described within are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job position is designated as a safety sensitive position
- Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds independently; majority of lifting from knee to shoulder heights; other lifting required from various levels.
- Must be able to carry and transport up to 60 pounds up to 20 feet.
- Requires standing for extended period of time with frequent stretching, reaching, walking and stooping, pushing and/or pulling in an environment that may be cold, hot, noisy, and wet and may have fumes or odors due to vehicle maintenance.
- Requires excellent visual acuity and manual dexterity.
- Requires use of safety equipment that may include but not limited to face shield or goggles, non-slip shoes, gloves, mask, and other protective garments and equipment.
- Requires some driving and frequent typing.
- Must adhere to regular and predictable attendance.
Back to top