Automotive Service Advisor
The Service Advisor is responsible for interacting with service center customers in a positive and productive manner to assist with all tasks necessary to facilitate the repair of their vehicles. Additional expectations can include but are not limited to: providing back up services for the service manager as well as customer vehicle cleaning, operation of the shuttle vehicle, service center maintenance, and educating the customer throughout the repair process.
All job responsibilities listed below are essential to the satisfactory performance of this position by any/all incumbents, with reasonable accommodation, if necessary. Any non-essential functions are assumed to be included in “Other related duties as assigned”.
Service Center Responsibilities (as necessary)
- Assist the service manager with tasks necessary for the daily opening and closing of the service center facility
- Greet/contact all customers using the designated service center dialogue
- Interview customers to understand their concerns and reason for needing service
- Facilitate the diagnosis and estimation of repairs
- Obtain authorization for repairs via the customer and/or their service contract authorization center
- Act as a liaison between the customer and the technician, service contract and/or vendor
- Facilitate the education of the customer regarding the repairs to their vehicle and/or coverages under service contract
- Communicate with the customer consistently throughout the servicing of their vehicle
- Address all customer complaints/concerns immediately and escalate to the service manager as necessary
- Maintain a clean, organized and safe work area
- Maintain the shop and service area for cleanliness
- Perform other duties as required
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent customer service skills
- Computer literate
- Proficient at typing
- The ability to interact with customers, managers and coworkers in a professional, courteous manner.
- Valid driver’s license and insurable driving record are required.
The Physical demands described within are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This job position is designated as a safety sensitive position.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds independently; majority of lifting from knee to shoulder heights; other lifting required from various levels.
- Must be able to carry and transport up to 25 pounds up to 60 feet.
- Requires standing for extended period of time with frequent stretching, reaching, walking and stooping, pushing and/or pulling.
- Requires excellent visual acuity and manual dexterity.
- Requires sitting for extended periods of time. Must be able to type for extended periods of time.
- Requires being able to hear and speak with others in-person or on the phone.
- Must adhere to regular and predictable attendance.
And when it comes to hiring, we don't just look for the right person for the job, we seek out the right person for DriveTime. Along the way, we provide plenty of opportunity to be creative and grow professionally in a fun, high-energy environment.
Hiring is contingent upon successful completion of our background and drug screening process. DriveTime is a drug-free, tobacco-free workplace.
Back to top