Automotive Paint Prep ($14/Hr + Great Benefits)
What Drives You?
- Making your mark with a company known for excellence?
- A Chance for real work/life balance?
- Collaborating and thriving as part of a team?
- Exceptional rewards for excellent results?
We Share Your Drive.
The Cosmetic Associate is responsible for the Cosmetic Inspection, Paint Prep, and Glass Repair work stations at assigned at the Inspection Center. A focus on throughput, efficiency and quality within the scope of DriveTime standards following generally accepted company processes. This role is responsible for properly prepping, inspecting or repairing vehicles at the Inspection Center as requested by Inspection Center General Manager/Recon Manager and or Line Lead.
- Inspect and identify various needed cosmetic repairs using DriveTime standards and tools.
- Complete glass repairs as necessary and review all completed work with lead/supervisor.
- Use, store, and maintain equipment properly.
- Prep DriveTime vehicles and panels for paint – sanding, filling, taping, etc.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Maintain a daily performance logs and review with the Inspection Center General Manager
- Achieve the established goal for throughput, efficiency and quality
- Establish consistency among technicians by adhering, enforcing and promoting DT Standards
- Review and communicate all issues with the appropriate Cosmetic Associate, Reconditioning Manager and ICGM
- Perform daily area inspections to ensure Cosmetic Associates are keeping clean and safe workstations
- Promote teamwork and collaboration within the Inspection Center
- The duties and responsibilities listed above are intended to provide general guidelines and parameters for the job and are not intended to be a comprehensive, detailed description of the job.
- Conduct business within DriveTime policies and procedures
- Act ethically, with integrity and in the best interest of the customer and the business at all times
- Portray a positive image of DriveTime and actively participate in the creation of a positive, professional work environment
- Maintain work station performance while adhering to DriveTime guidelines, policies and practices and acting ethically and with integrity at all times and with all employees
- Perform other related duties as assigned
All job responsibilities listed are essential to the satisfactory performance of this position by any/all incumbents, with reasonable accommodation, if necessary. Any non-essential functions are assumed to be included in “Other related duties as assigned”.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required
- Must be at least 18 years of age and have a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to work as a team player and interact with customers, mangers, and coworkers in a professional, courteous manner.
- PC Skills using Microsoft Office is desirable.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Valid driver’s license and insurable driving record is required.
- Any equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience that fulfills the requirements of the position will be considered.
The Physical demands described within are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job position is designated as a safety sensitive position.
Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds independently; majority of lifting from knee to shoulder heights; other lifting required from various levels.
Must be able to carry and transport up to 60 pounds up to 20 feet.
Requires standing for extended period of time with frequent stretching, reaching, walking and stooping, pushing and/or pulling in an environment that may be cold, hot, noisy, and wet and may have fumes or odors due to vehicle maintenance.
Requires excellent visual acuity and manual dexterity.
Requires use of safety equipment that may include but not limited to face shield or goggles, non-slip shoes, gloves, mask, and other protective garments and equipment.
Requires some driving and frequent typing.
Must adhere to regular and predictable attendance.
Note: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties or requirements associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, the dealership reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e., emergencies, changes in personnel, workload or rush jobs.)
Hiring is contingent upon successful completion of our background and drug screening process. DriveTime is a drug-free, tobacco-free workplace.
Back to top