Automotive Line Lead - No Weekends + Benefits
What Drives You?
- Making your mark with a company known for excellence?
- A chance for real work/life balance?
- Collaborating and thriving as part of a team?
- Exceptional rewards for excellent results?
We Share Your Drive
At DriveTime, we're committed to providing you with a clearly defined career path that will allow you to go as far as your drive and ambition will take you. Supervise and motivate a team of Automotive Technicians. Review their reconditioning repair work completed on inventory vehicles in preparation for delivery to dealerships. The reconditioning process includes identification of mechanical and physical problems, and completion of repairs to correct identified problems.
- Manage the movement of cars into and out of the Inspection Center safely for repairs, while meeting or exceeding set production and quality goals.
- Review and approve identified mechanical and physical defects of incoming inventory
- Lead a team of Auto Technicians and partner with the Inspection Center General Manager to repair or reject inventory based on estimated cost of repairs and/or the overall quality of the vehicle
- Lead and train a team of Auto Technicians using Quality Control standards to identify and complete repairs effectively and efficiently the first time, minimizing re-checks and delays in production
- Work as a contributing member of the Inspection Center Management team
- Maintain positive working relationships with the Technician team and other Inspection Center employees
- Conscientiously work in ways to decrease possibly of injury to yourself or other team members in the shop due to spills or other preventable hazardous conditions
- Meet or exceed inventory production goals on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Complete additional technical training as available and/or required
- Act ethically, with integrity and in the best interest of the customer and the business as all times
- Portray a positive image of DriveTime and actively participate in the creation of a positive, professional work environment
- Perform other related duties as assigned Conduct business within DriveTime policies and procedures
Enjoy the Rewards and Benefits
Money: Competitive salary
Benefits: Outstanding medical, dental and vision plans (after just 30 days), 401K match, tuition reimbursement and Paid Time Off too!
Schedule: Expect a consistent Monday-Friday, 40 hour week schedule. Enjoy nights and weekends off.
Future: We’re a unique, highly respected, nationwide company with a strong culture of promoting from within. This isn’t a job. It’s a career!
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Vocational/Technical degree preferred, but not required..
- Must be 18 years of age with a minimum of 5 years automotive repair experience.
- ASE certifications strongly preferred, but not required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and listening skills.
- Attention to detail is required as well as the ability to interact with customers, managers and coworkers in a professional, courteous manner.
- Must possess proven group leadership and management skills.
- Must adhere to regular and predictable attendance.
- Valid driver's license, good driving record.
- Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education, which fulfills the requirements of the position, will be considered
And when it comes to hiring, we don't just look for the right person for the job, we seek out the right person for DriveTime. Along the way, we provide plenty of opportunity to be creative and grow professionally in a fun, high-energy environment.
Hiring is contingent upon successful completion of our background and drug screening process. DriveTime is a drug-free, tobacco-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of DriveTime's Employees
Chief Executive Officer
Ray’s main mission is to continue to grow the DriveTime brand through the strategic intersections of modern technology and changing trends within the consumer demand.
Back to top