Automotive Line Lead
What Drives You?
- Making your mark with a company known for excellence?
- A chance for real work/life balance?
- Collaborating and thriving as part of a team?
- Exceptional rewards for excellent results?
Supervise and motivate a team of Automotive Technicians. Review their reconditioning repair work completed on inventory vehicles in preparation for delivery to dealerships. The reconditioning process includes identification of mechanical and physical problems, and completion of repairs to correct identified problems.
- Manage the movement of cars into and out of the Inspection Center safely for repairs, while meeting or exceeding set production and quality goals.
- Review and approve identified mechanical and physical defects of incoming inventory
- Lead a team of Auto Technicians and partner with the Inspection Center General Manager to repair or reject inventory based on estimated cost of repairs and/or the overall quality of the vehicle
- Lead and train a team of Auto Technicians using Quality Control standards to identify and complete repairs effectively and efficiently the first time, minimizing re-checks and delays in production
- Work as a contributing member of the Inspection Center Management team
- Maintain positive working relationships with the Technician team and other Inspection Center employees
- Conscientiously work in ways to decrease possibly of injury to yourself or other team members in the shop due to spills or other preventable hazardous conditions
- Meet or exceed inventory production goals on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Complete additional technical training as available and/or required
- Act ethically, with integrity and in the best interest of the customer and the business as all times
- Portray a positive image of DriveTime and actively participate in the creation of a positive, professional work environment
- Perform other related duties as assigned Conduct business within DriveTime policies and procedures
Enjoy the Rewards and Benefits.
Money: It's great. Excellent competitive salary.
Benefits: Outstanding medical, dental and vision plans (After just 30 days)! 401K match too!
Schedule: Expect a consistent schedule that allows everyone to work with customers during peak times. Enjoy a 5-day week with Sundays always off.
Future: We’re a unique, highly respected, nationwide company with a strong culture of promoting from within. This isn’t a job. It’s a career.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Vocational/Technical degree preferred, but not required..
- Must be 18 years of age with a minimum of 5 years automotive repair experience.
- ASE certifications strongly preferred, but not required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and listening skills.
- Attention to detail is required as well as the ability to interact with customers, managers and coworkers in a professional, courteous manner.
- Must possess proven group leadership and management skills.
- Must adhere to regular and predictable attendance.
- Valid driver's license, good driving record.
- Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education, which fulfills the requirements of the position, will be considered
The Physical demands described within are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job position is designated as a safety sensitive position.
Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds independently; majority of lifting from knee to shoulder heights; other lifting required from various levels.
Must be able to carry and transport up to 60 pounds up to 20 feet.
Requires standing for extended period of time with frequent stretching, reaching, walking and stooping, pushing and/or pulling in an environment that may be cold, hot, noisy, and wet and may have fumes or odors due to vehicle maintenance.
Requires excellent visual acuity and manual dexterity.
Requires use of safety equipment that may include but not limited to face shield or goggles, non-slip shoes, gloves, mask, and other protective garments and equipment.
Requires some driving and frequent typing.
Must adhere to regular and predictable attendance.
Hiring is contingent upon successful completion of our background and drug screening process. DriveTime is a drug-free, tobacco-free workplace.
Back to top