Auto Technician- Phone Consultant
- Are you a skilled Auto Technician or Service Writer?
- Do you want to stay in the auto repair field?
- Are you looking for a stable schedule where you don't have to flag hours to earn your pay?
- Are you tired of working long hours?
- Are you looking for 40 hours per week guaranteed?
- If you said yes to any of the questions above, this is the opportunity for you!
We are looking for someone with an automotive service, parts, and/or repair background. The Automotive Claims Consultant interacts with auto repair facilities throughout the country from a centralized location in Mesa, AZ. They will initiate, validate, and complete claims for vehicles needing repair. This is a call center position where you will use your automotive knowledge in a clean, comfortable work environment with a consistent work schedule!
- Money: Full-time 40 hours per week with optional overtime available!
- Benefits: Outstanding medical, dental and vision plans (After just 30 days)! 401K match too! Learning: We have excellent training and tuition reimbursement
- Schedule: Sunday's off (we're closed to give our employees valued time with friends and family)
- Culture: We're relaxed. We have a sense of humor. Basically we have a great time.
- Future: We're a unique, highly respected, nationwide company with a strong culture of promoting from within. This isn't a job, it is a career.
The duties and responsibilities listed below are intended to provide general guidelines and parameters for the job and are not intended to be a comprehensive, detailed description of the job. This individual is responsible for answering calls in a fast-paced and team oriented environment, is able to establish and maintain effective relationships with repair shops and customers. This person should also have an appreciation of automobiles and possess excellent communication skills.
Understanding of vehicle repair shop procedures and practices including labor guides
- Understand if the vendor diagnosis and suggested repairs match the repair complaint
- Communicate with vendors on repair progress and follow up on issues with repair centers.
- Electronically file repair claims while providing the highest level of customer satisfaction
- Provide technical assistance and advice to peers.
- Review estimates to ensure pricing of parts and labor costs are within guidelines and negotiate estimate if necessary
- Respond to all messages in a timely manner and keeps claims up to date.
- Ability to work/collaborate with internal and external customers on repair questions and concerns.
- Organize, prioritize and follow up on claims and respond appropriately based on the type of claim.
- Demonstrate logical and systematic thinking skills.
- Commitment to team work and personal growth through ongoing development.
The ideal candidate will have 2 years' experience in the Automotive repair field or a vehicle warranty related industry. The candidate will also possess the following:
- High School Degree Required. College Degrees Preferred.
- Automotive Technical Degree or automotive/ mechanical repair background
- Strong customer service, verbal communication and listening skills
- Good data entry/keyboard skills
- Must be able to multi-task and work with a variety of people
- Possess the energy and drive to meet deadlines, accomplish goals and find solutions
- Good computer skills
- Good negotiation skills
The Physical demands described within are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job position is designated as a safety sensitive position.
Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds independently; majority of lifting from knee to shoulder heights; other lifting required from various levels.
Must be able to carry and transport up to 25 pounds up to 60 feet.
Requires standing for extended period of time with frequent stretching, reaching, walking and stooping, pushing and/or pulling.
Requires excellent visual acuity and manual dexterity.
Requires sitting for extended periods of time. Must be able to type for extended periods of time.
Requires being able to hear and speak with others in-person or on the phone.
Must adhere to regular and predictable attendance.
And when it comes to hiring, we don't just look for the right person for the job, we seek out the right person for DriveTime. Along the way, we provide plenty of opportunity to be creative and grow professionally in a fun, high-energy environment.
Hiring is contingent upon successful completion of our background and drug screening process. DriveTime is a drug-free, tobacco-free workplace.
Back to top