Auto Technician - $1,000 Sign On Bonus (Hourly + Benefits)
- Competitive Hourly Pay
- Free Medical Insurance
- Dental and Vision Plans
- Matching 401K
- Paid Vacations
- Employee Vehicle Purchase Discounts
- No Late Evenings
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Management Opportunities
The Service Center Technician is responsible for the diagnosis, inspection, estimate and proper repair of vehicles brought to DriveTime by our customers. The diagnosis, inspection, estimation and repair can include meeting with the customer to test drive and/or gain a better understanding of his/her concerns; using the proper diagnostic techniques understanding the root cause of the concern; working with the service advisor to put together a proper estimate; installing the necessary parts and/or repairing the vehicle to meet the manufacturer and customer standards for a quality repair. This also includes the completion of the DriveTime Multi-Point Inspection, and where applicable, a thorough test drive. Service Center Technicians will write up repair estimates with detailed repair descriptions, parts needed and labor costs in accordance with the provided labor guides. Completion of required repairs to correct identified problems as well as to identify any necessary additional repairs. Completing quality repair and conducting a comprehensive quality check which may include a test drive of vehicles.
All job responsibilities listed below are essential to the satisfactory performance of this position by any/all incumbents, with reasonable accommodation, if necessary. Any non-essential functions are assumed to be included in “Other related duties as assigned”.
Service Center Technician Responsibilities (as necessary)
- Move cars from the designated customer drop off into and out of the shop safely for repair
- Diagnose and Identify root cause concerns as discussed with the customer.
- Test drive to verify concerns with the customer as necessary
- Complete a multi-point inspection to identify all other repairs needed, only recommending repairs actually needed
- Work with Service Advisor and Service Manager to correctly identify mechanical repairs needed as well as items found on the multi-point inspection to create parts and labor estimates for repair.
- Create detailed estimates with repairs, parts, labor hours and costs
- Work with inspectors, where necessary, to validate concerns found and presented to service contract companies
- Complete quality repairs of vehicles as authorized by the customer, efficiently and effectively
- Test drive and inspect repaired vehicle to ensure that the problem(s) have been completely fixed
- Perform a complete post-repair inspection for quality, safety and reliability
- Communicate any failed items during quality control inspections
- Maintain a clean, organized and safe work area
- Maintain the shop and service area for cleanliness
- Perform other duties as required
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Safety & Emissions Credentials
- Excellent customer service skills
- The ability to interact with customers, managers and coworkers in a professional, courteous manner.
- Valid driver’s license and insurable driving record are required.
- Master ASE Certified Technician and/or Minimum 5 years professional, verifiable, automotive experience
- Working knowledge of most diagnostics and experience with a variety of diagnostic scan tools
- Ability to work on all makes and models
- Must have own tools
The Physical demands described within are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This job position is designated as a safety sensitive position.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds independently; majority of lifting from knee to shoulder heights; other lifting required from various levels.
- Must be able to carry and transport up to 25 pounds up to 60 feet.
- Requires standing for extended period of time with frequent stretching, reaching, walking and stooping, pushing and/or pulling.
- Requires excellent visual acuity and manual dexterity.
- Requires sitting for extended periods of time. Must be able to type for extended periods of time.
- Requires being able to hear and speak with others in-person or on the phone.
- Must adhere to regular and predictable attendance.
And when it comes to hiring, we don't just look for the right person for the job, we seek out the right person for DriveTime. Along the way, we provide plenty of opportunity to be creative and grow professionally in a fun, high-energy environment.
Hiring is contingent upon successful completion of our background and drug screening process. DriveTime is a drug-free, tobacco-free workplace.
Back to top