Associate Director of Production
What Drives You?
- Meaningful work in a stable, promote-from-within organization?
- Professional satisfaction and helping others?
- A workspace that is dynamic, fast, fun, and challenging?
DriveTime is a billion dollar+ company and the nation's largest chain of financing dealerships. We are opening 20 new retail stores nationwide in the next 18 months and looking for talented people we can groom into our next leaders.
Our Assistant Director position is the ideal platform for anyone who feels they're stuck at a dead-end in their current management career. This is a unique opportunity to leverage your existing leadership skills, tune them to our business philosophy, and move forward on an advanced level of management. Through this well-defined career-path you'll enjoy accomplished colleagues with like-minded career ambition, the supportive resources of our billion dollar company, and our "small-company feel."
During the initial 6-months, individuals will undergo our industry-defining training known as the Assistant Director in Training (ADIT) program. During this period you be exposed to all major functions and departments within the company. This provides individuals with a richer understanding of our company culture and vision. Once training is completed, the individual would be placed in the Assistant Director role overseeing the leadership team and general production at one of our Inspection Centers.
As an Assistant Director of Production, you will:
- Oversee the leadership team and overall production of our Inspection Center
- Ensure the dealerships are constantly supplied with a sufficient variety of high quality vehicles to meet their sales demand.
- Achieve BLM objectives through the effective management of the Inspection Center leadership team, operating expenses, efficiency, quality, and productivity.
- Implement and execute all company-wide or regional level initiatives so as to maximize their impact and help meet or exceed inventory and BLM goals.
- Complete screening and hiring of the Inspection Center team members using methods designed to reduce turnover and improve performance.
- Ensure direct reports are being effectively trained and developed.
Enjoy the Rewards and Benefits.
Money: Competitive base salary from day one, plus the potential for monthly and annual bonuses once in role
Top Perks: Company car, industry leading management training, laptop, cell phone, and a casual and fun atmosphere.
Schedule: Enjoy a 5-day work week with weekends off. Major holidays off too! We work hard and play hard, so you can expect to have work life balance with DriveTime.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required
- 10 years of Leadership experience
- Demonstrated ability to build effective teams and motivate employees
- Strong initiative, drive, and strategic planning skills
- Willingness to set and maintain high standards of performance
- Strong technical, interpersonal and management skills
- Comfortable operating in and leading a dynamic organization
- Able to work independently and also partner effectively with other executives, all levels of employees, and vendors
- Exhibit an understanding of the auto industry, our competitors the business climate and practices
- Minimal travel required during training
The Physical demands described within are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job position is designated as a safety sensitive position.
Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds independently; majority of lifting from knee to shoulder heights; other lifting required from various levels.
Must be able to carry and transport up to 25 pounds up to 60 feet.
Requires standing for extended period of time with frequent stretching, reaching, walking and stooping, pushing and/or pulling.
Requires excellent visual acuity and manual dexterity.
Requires sitting for extended periods of time. Must be able to type for extended periods of time.
Requires being able to hear and speak with others in-person or on the phone.
Must adhere to regular and predictable attendance.
And when it comes to hiring, we don't just look for the right person for the job, we seek out the right person for DriveTime. Along the way, we provide plenty of opportunity to be creative and grow professionally in a fun, high-energy environment.
Hiring is contingent upon successful completion of our background and drug screening process. DriveTime is a drug-free, tobacco-free workplace.
Back to top