Associate Director of Loan Servicing
What Drives You?
- Meaningful work in a stable, promote-from-within organization?
- Professional satisfaction and helping others?
- A workspace that is dynamic, fast, fun, and challenging?
DriveTime is a billion dollar+ company and the nation's largest chain of financing dealerships. We are opening 30 new stores nationwide in the next 18 months and looking for talented people we can groom into our next leaders.
The Associate Director of Loan Servicing executes strategies that appropriately ensure that direct reports and agents provide quality service to our consumers for the collection of debts owed while reducing overall delinquency and losses. This individual will interact with other department managers as a service-provider, and interact with DriveTime customers as a service recipient. The individual will look at processes and operations and make improvements for the same.
The focus of this manager is to oversee and maintain a team that administers a high level of service to an internal and external customer base. The successful candidate will be responsible for working with the organization to hire, train, motivate, and develop their staff. Help establish operational strategies to most effectively use technologies and resources available. This position also requires interfacing and maintaining relationships with customers, our Legal Department, Better Business Bureau, State attorney Generals, and customer legal representation. Additionally responsible for building relationships with other internal business leaders and collaborating to improve efficiencies, effectiveness, and ultimately the customer experience. Closely monitor and implement industry best-practices.
- Develop and train managers and employees in Loan Servicing/Collections and supports the Learning Organization environment to provide excellent service to both internal and external customers while meeting performance goals. Coaching and development of all employees is critical.
- Ensure that Team Supervisors and Managers are setting daily goals for their team to maximize short-term and long-term success.
- Monitor and review work of Team Supervisors and Managers to ensure it is within company and legal policy. This includes measuring the use of tools such as QA results and side-by-side monitoring in order to create development plans to address any deficiencies.
- Ensure all company-wide initiatives are implemented in a way that elicits buy-in from direct and indirect reports, maximizes impact, and contributes to meeting or exceeding company goals.
- Review and analyze overall departmental performance, monitor work plans, and adjust staffing levels and strategies recommended and implement changes as appropriate.
- Ensure effective recruiting, screening, and hiring processes are in place to attract the targeted candidates that ensure the DriveTime culture.
- Develop and train direct reports to improve performance and develop and/or maintain team strength.
- Provide proactive leadership to the team to achieve high levels of Customer Service in a manner consistent with DriveTime’s vision and values.
- Evaluate performance of direct and indirect reports and provide feedback consistently and in a timely manner (including but not limited to annual and semi-annual performance evaluations) based on both observations of performance and behavior and the review of company statistics.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required
- 10 years of Leadership experience managing multiple teams, multi site management experience preferred
- Experience with leadership development
- Demonstrated ability to build effective teams and motivate employees
- Strong initiative, drive, and strategic planning skills
- Willingness to set and maintain high standards of performance
- Strong technical, interpersonal and management skills
- Comfortable operating in and leading a dynamic organization
- Able to work independently and also partner effectively with other executives, all levels of employees, and vendors
- Exhibit an understanding of the auto industry, our competitors the business climate and practices
- Minimal travel required during training
- Any equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience that fulfills the requirements of the position will be considered.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties or requirements associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, the dealership reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e., emergencies, changes in personnel, workload or rush jobs.) Must adhere to regular and predictable attendance.
The Physical demands described within are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job position is designated as a safety sensitive position.
Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds independently; majority of lifting from knee to shoulder heights; other lifting required from various levels.
Must be able to carry and transport up to 25 pounds up to 60 feet.
Requires standing for extended period of time with frequent stretching, reaching, walking and stooping, pushing and/or pulling.
Requires excellent visual acuity and manual dexterity.
Requires sitting for extended periods of time. Must be able to type for extended periods of time.
Requires being able to hear and speak with others in-person or on the phone.
Must adhere to regular and predictable attendance.
And when it comes to hiring, we don't just look for the right person for the job, we seek out the right person for DriveTime. Along the way, we provide plenty of opportunity to be creative and grow professionally in a fun, high-energy environment.
Hiring is contingent upon successful completion of our background and drug screening process. DriveTime is a drug-free, tobacco-free workplace.
Meet Some of DriveTime's Employees
Monica is responsible for preparing DriveTime’s quarterly and annual financial statements, as well as analyzing outcomes of potential businesses transactions the company considers entering into.
Back to top