Assistant Service Center Manager
DriveTime is a billion dollar+ company and the nation's largest chain of financing dealerships. We are opening 30 new stores nationwide in the next 18 months, including the addition of Service Centers at many of these locations.
The Assistant Service Center Manger is responsible for running day to day operations within the Service Center. Additional expectations include assisting customers and effectively addressing any customer issues, managing and hiring of service advisors, assistant service advisors, and technicians. The Service Center Manager should be well-rounded throughout all roles within the Service Center and with assisting team accordingly.
An Assistant Service Center Manager will:
- Greet customers and assist them with any inquiries they may have.
- Back up every position in the facility to include but not limited to: performing the functions of the service advisor, cashier and service porter.
- Keep customer informed on completion times, service expenses, and possible changes.
- Support Service Advisors for all customer inquiries, whether phone or in person, to assure the customer does not get mishandled.
- Spend quality time building relationships with Service Advisors, Service Technicians and Sales Staff.
- Review and analyze reporting and data to ensure the service center is efficient and profitable.
- Assist in creating goals and objectives for Service Center employees.
- Supervise service department personnel as well as monitor performance in servicing customers.
- Assist the service manager with tasks necessary for the daily opening and closing of the service center facility.
- Auditing and reviewing all service center business practices.
- Act as a liaison between the customer and the technician, service contract and/or vendor.
- Facilitate the education of the customer regarding the repairs to their vehicle and/or coverage’s under service contract.
- Address all customer complaints/concerns immediately and escalate to the service manager as necessary.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in a customer relations field management role
- Service center experience preferred
- Must have computer proficiency
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High integrity, understands automotive service, and is committed to provide an outstanding experience for all our customers
- Valid driver’s license and insurable driving record are required.
The Physical demands described within are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This job position is designated as a safety sensitive position.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds independently; majority of lifting from knee to shoulder heights; other lifting required from various levels.
- Must be able to carry and transport up to 25 pounds up to 60 feet.
- Requires standing for extended period of time with frequent stretching, reaching, walking and stooping, pushing and/or pulling.
- Requires excellent visual acuity and manual dexterity.
- Requires sitting for extended periods of time. Must be able to type for extended periods of time.
- Requires being able to hear and speak with others in-person or on the phone.
- Must adhere to regular and predictable attendance.
And when it comes to hiring, we don't just look for the right person for the job, we seek out the right person for DriveTime. Along the way, we provide plenty of opportunity to be creative and grow professionally in a fun, high-energy environment.
Hiring is contingent upon successful completion of our background and drug screening process. DriveTime is a drug-free, tobacco-free workplace.
Back to top