Assistant Service Advisor (Part-Time + $12 Hourly)
The Assistant Service Advisor is responsible for assisting the service advisor where necessary which includes but is not limited to the following: providing excellent customer service, answering and routing phone calls, the transporting of vehicles and customers as needed in the DriveTime service center; operating the shuttle vehicles; accepting and applying customer payments to repair orders; receiving and allocating parts, manning the service write-up area, providing back up services for the service advisor position as well as customer vehicle cleaning, shop maintenance, and ensuring the maintenance of the service center and shuttle vehicle.
All job responsibilities listed below are essential to the satisfactory performance of this position by any/all incumbents, with reasonable accommodation, if necessary. Any non-essential functions are assumed to be included in “Other related duties as assigned”.
Service Center Responsibilities (as necessary)
- Move cars from the designated customer drop off into and out of the shop safely for repair
- Receive and apply payment from customers
- Transport customers in the service center shuttle, following all driver safety rules and responsibilities
- Washing and vacuuming customer vehicles as requested
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the service center areas as well as the technician shop
- Escort customers and vendors to and from the various service center areas including the waiting room and technician shop, ensuring guests are provided with proper personal protective equipment, where necessary
- Notify the service manager of any and all maintenance and repairs needed to the shuttle vehicle
- Retrieve and deliver parts and customer vehicles to and from selected vendors
- Train and back up service advisor position, when necessary
- Answer the phones using the designated service center dialogue
- Interact with customers to assist in the customer experience
- Maintain a clean, organized and safe work area
- Maintain the shop and service area for cleanliness
- Perform other duties as required
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent customer service skills
- The ability to interact with customers, managers and coworkers in a professional, courteous manner.
- Valid driver’s license and insurable driving record are required.
The Physical demands described within are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job position is designated as a safety sensitive position.
Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds independently; majority of lifting from knee to shoulder heights; other lifting required from various levels.
Must be able to carry and transport up to 25 pounds up to 60 feet.
Requires standing for extended period of time with frequent stretching, reaching, walking and stooping, pushing and/or pulling.
Requires excellent visual acuity and manual dexterity.
Requires sitting for extended periods of time. Must be able to type for extended periods of time.
Requires being able to hear and speak with others in-person or on the phone.
Must adhere to regular and predictable attendance.
And when it comes to hiring, we don't just look for the right person for the job, we seek out the right person for DriveTime. Along the way, we provide plenty of opportunity to be creative and grow professionally in a fun, high-energy environment.
Hiring is contingent upon successful completion of our background and drug screening process. DriveTime is a drug-free, tobacco-free workplace.
Back to top