What Drives You?
- Meaningful work in a stable, promote-from-within organization?
- Professional satisfaction and helping others?
- A workspace that is dynamic, fast, fun, and challenging?
DriveTime is a billion dollar+ company and the nation's largest chain of financing dealerships. We are opening 30 new stores nationwide in the next 18 months and looking for talented people we can groom into our next leaders.
With 140 locations (and adding more) across the country, DriveTime is not only nation’s largest pre-owned car dealerships but is also recognized as one of the best places to work. We have an exceptional company culture fueled by collaboration, autonomy, empowerment and transparency. We encourage innovation, continuous learning and personalized career development plans. People are our most valuable asset!!! Our rapid growth and focus on culture is a great platform to mentor, coach and lead our future executives.
The Accounting Manager position is responsible for understanding highly specialized accounting concepts required to maintain the general ledger and supporting subsidiary ledgers while ensuring compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). The Accounting Manager will supervise a team of accounting staff and seniors, review complex accounting reconciliations and issues while also managing the planning, performance, and presentation of financial analysis projects to the Company’s top executives.
The Accounting Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Analyze and report on profitability for business segments
- Partner with FP&A department to develop budgets and monthly forecasts
- Perform budget to actual analysis and variance explanation
- Assist in preparation and communication of management reports
- Support development and research of accounting policies and procedures
- Assist in documentation of multifaceted accounting issues and conclusions thereon
- Review and analyze inputs/outputs from significant accounting models
- Review and approve staff reconciliations and journal entries
- Open line of communication with Controller, CAO and CFO
- Support external and internal auditors with quarterly reviews and annual audits
- Evaluate and improve upon existing accounting policies, reports and reconciliations
- Research, analyze and document conclusions on new accounting policies
- 4-8 years of relevant accounting experience.
- Self-starter with a passion for leading, training and process improvements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting (licensed CPA preferred)
- Strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Ability to develop and communicate accounting policies and procedures
- Communication skills essential as well as ability to work in fast-paced environment
- Ability to effectively coordinate and supervise staff
- Ability to analyze financial data and to prepare timely reports
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to maintain detailed records
- Ability to prioritize/re-prioritize multiple projects and/or deadlines
- Ability to confidently converse with and present to senior management
- Advanced Excel skills
When it comes to hiring, we don't just look for the right person for the job, we seek out the right person for DriveTime. Along the way, we provide plenty of opportunity to be creative and grow professionally in a fun, high-energy environment.
Check out DriveTime in the news!
Hiring is contingent upon successful completion of our background and drug screening process. DriveTime is a drug-free, tobacco-free workplace.
Back to top