Technical Advisor - Upstream Financial Analysis
Why YOU want this position?
Work on a team of well-rounded geoscience experts bent on learning from one another, helping our clients, and having a good time doing it!
Technical Advisors influence our clients and products alike. With over 3,000 member companies, Drillinginfo’s client base is the perfect place to learn or influence breakthroughs from inside their offices. This is a platform to not only absorb and advise the financial world on best practices, but also to build a personal brand by publishing papers or by speaking at industry events.
This position reports directly to the Manager of Technical Sales and interacts mainly with Drillinginfo Account Executives/Managers and clients in North America.
- Lead technical discussion and presentations in presales client meetings after being pulled in and introduced by the account owner from Drillinginfo
- Advise Drillinginfo salespeople and clients on which offerings will have the most impact
- Present effectively in a variety of settings from one-on-one with a C-level client, to small and large groups
- Round out your expertise by developing domain expertise in other offerings (Land, Transform, Analytics, Geology, and Engineering)
- Aid teams like Business Development and Marketing with technical guidance on messaging and content
- You will be counted on to exceed individual goals successfully; pushing yourself and others for results
A competitive candidate will have experience evaluating oil and gas assets or transactions. They stay up-to-date with new acquisitions or industry headlines. This candidate is proactive in finding solutions and unafraid to ask questions. They track trends in completion technologies and how these improvements influence the asset’s economics. They are used to providing analysis and presenting an original conclusion on their findings.
Furthermore, an ideal candidate will have earned an MBA, has existing knowledge of competitive products (IHS, RS Energy, Petra, Decisionspace, etc), and enjoys publishing their work.
Expectations for travel are 30-40% to attend client meetings, trade shows, and company events.
Meet Some of Drillinginfo's Employees
Account Executive, Strategic Accounts
Patrick leads Drillinginfo’s Strategic Accounts Group, which is responsible for sustaining important client relationships with some of the largest oil and gas companies in the world.
Back to top