Technical Advisor – Upstream Analysis
Why YOU want this position?
Work on a team of industry experts with a passion to learn from others, help our clients, and stay on top of industry trends.
As part of an Industry team at Drillinginfo you’ll have the opportunity to influence our client workflows and product development. With over 3,000 member companies, Drillinginfo’s client base is the perfect place to learn or influence Industry breakthroughs through collaboration with our large client base. This is a platform to not only absorb and advise on best practices, but also to build a personal brand by publishing papers or by speaking at industry events.
This position interacts mainly with Drillinginfo clients along with our Sales and Product teams.
- Help design our Industry reports including area type curve development and economic evaluations in specific areas
- Work with various types of data including geological attributes, completion and drilling variables, land data, and M&A activity
- Lead technical discussion and presentations in client sales meetings, after being pulled in and introduced by the account owner from Drillinginfo, focusing on telling a story using our tools about recent industry headlines
- Present effectively in a variety of settings from one-on-one with a C-level client, to small and large groups
- Round out your expertise by developing domain expertise in other offerings (Land, Transform, Analytics, Geology, and Engineering)
- Aid teams like Business Development and Marketing with technical guidance on messaging and content
- You will be counted on to exceed individual goals successfully; pushing yourself and others for results
A competitive candidate will have experience evaluating oil and gas assets or transactions. They stay up-to-date with new acquisitions or industry headlines. This candidate is proactive in finding solutions and unafraid to ask questions. They track trends in completion technologies and how these improvements influence the asset’s economics. They are used to providing analysis and presenting an original conclusion on their findings.
Furthermore, an ideal candidate will have earned an MBA, has existing knowledge of competitive products (IHS, RS Energy, etc), and enjoys publishing their work.
Expectations for travel are 20-30% to attend client meetings, trade shows, and company events.
Back to top