Senior Lead Software Engineer
At Drillinginfo, our mission is to provide better, faster decision making support to the oil and gas industry through our data intelligence and analytics products. We are building an agile development culture that delivers great products to a wide variety of customers. We truly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better workplace for our employees and better products for our clients. We need an experienced dev lead with a real passion for software development, the ability to lead, someone to be hands-on in designing, implementing, and delivering features for our flagship product.
Interested? Read on for more details on what we are looking for.
- Lead a small team of developers implementing features for Drillinginfo, guide technical direction, and ensure we're making progress on our team commitments
- Write maintainable code, working in a professional software engineering environment (source control, shortened release cycles, continuous integration/deployment, etc.)
- Mentor engineers on your team and other teams
- Define and implement elegant, but practical, solutions to customer problems
- Be part of a multi-disciplinary, collaborative team that works to ship phenomenal products
- Work on hard problems; design, develop, and deliver services and web applications
- Challenge all assumptions by asking questions in the spirit of building awesome products
- Look for pragmatic solutions to find the right tool for the right job
- Facilitate good architecture and solutions based on modern software development patterns and practices
Competitive Candidate Profile
- 7+ years of experience implementing and and delivering commercial products
- Enjoys an agile development environment (Scrum and/or Kanban methodology experience a plus)
- You are a very strong communicator
- You have experience leading a software development team
- You are comfortable with the rapid pace of a company in growth mode and the change that occurs as the business evolves and changes
- You are not afraid to learn from mistakes and share them with the team
- You take full ownership of your work and take responsibility every step of the way
- You approach software as a craft, following industry standards, and writing testable code with a strong belief in unit testing, clean coding, and the value of Agile development
- You are a self-starter, a great teammate, and strong driver for results and continual improvement.
- You have experience building and consuming RESTful APIs
- You are a Polyglot developer, we're primarily a Go and .Net ship, with legacy Scala/Java
- You have significant experience working with microservice architectures
- You have worked with global teams
- You prefer to lead the charge, not just keep up with it
Does this sound like it was written for you? Please apply and let's talk!
Meet Some of Drillinginfo's Employees
Account Executive, Strategic Accounts
Patrick leads Drillinginfo’s Strategic Accounts Group, which is responsible for sustaining important client relationships with some of the largest oil and gas companies in the world.
Back to top