Senior Java Developer
Why YOU want this position:
DataGenic by Drillinginfo an international specialist in the delivery of data management solutions - is expanding its professional services team to cover the demand for its interval data, market pricing and reference data. Our products and services facilitate analysis, trading, decision support, risk management, portfolio optimisation, operations and sales, for major global energy and financial giants.
Java has been a key technology throughout our company history, and our Java backend has been responsible for delivering the largest Commodity Management systems as well as business critical solutions to the utilities and energy services sectors across a wide range of platforms, operating systems, open source components and databases. DataGenic by Drillinginfo utilises best of breed Java toolsets - focused on Micro Services Architectures, powerful front- and backend frameworks, RESTful services, and everything from NoSQL databases like MongoDB to high-performance data processing systems.
About the Role:
The Senior Java developer will join the Trading and Risk Professional Services team based in our modern new offices in Santander. S/he will interact with the team of senior developers located in Santander and the support team of developers in Bangalore, India. The role also involves contact with the Sales, Services, and Data Teams in London, Chicago and clients across Europe and the US.
- We need a ‘passionate about code and quality’ software engineer who has delivered complex enterprise applications on the JVM.
- The candidate needs to have Fluent English, good communication skills, and a desire to work in an international environment.
- Flexibility to travel to client sites occasionally in Europe.
- Are you an experienced Java developer looking to move to Santander? We would love to hear from you!
Competitive Candidate Profile:
- 4+ years professional experience
- Knowledge of Java, OO, unit testing, enterprise design patterns
- Experience with dependency injection frameworks e.g. Spring, CDI
- Experience with build technologies e.g. Maven
- Java application server experience e.g. wildfly, or similar
- Preferred: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- Experience with Source Code and Version Control Systems: e.g. Subversion, Git
- Issue tracking systems, e.g. Jira, VSTS
- Linux and Windows
- Open source experience
- Experience working on a distributed cloud based architecture
- IntelliJ IDE
- Full stack development experience
- Experience designing and developing RESTful API’s and Webservices
- Experience researching leading edge tools and processes for continuous improvement and innovation
- Experience communicating and collaborating with key stakeholders in the delivery of features
What We Offer:
- Full-time employment contract
- A competitive compensation
- Exposure to multiple stacks, frameworks, languages and technologies
- A professional working environment in the centre of Santander city in Northern Spain
- A dynamic work environment with highly motivates colleagues
- A high degree of autonomy, flexibility and trust
Back to top