Why YOU want this position
Drillinginfo delivers business-critical insights to the global energy industry through a state-of-the-art SaaS platform built on industry-leading data and energy analytics. Our solutions deliver value across the entire energy value chain, empowering customers to be more agile, efficient and competitive. The range of energy industry participants we serve includes exploration and production (E&P) companies and related businesses such as oilfield services, midstream, capital markets, power generators and utilities, energy traders, and downstream commercial & industrial energy consumers.
We are currently seeking a highly driven Power Analyst to join our Market Intelligence team in Littleton, Colorado or Houston, TX. This person will study, model and analyze behaviors and activities in the power market to produce reports, shape forward-looking views of market activity, influence product development, and be our thought leader regarding the power sector.
Drillinginfo is the right company at the right time. Are you in?
- Deliver fundamental analysis of power markets and conduct research on relevant energy industry topics.
- Operate models and support tools that include spatial and data visualization applications.
- Manipulate large datasets and determine correlations and relationships between potential market drivers, prices, and events.
- Perform data acquisition, reporting, and chart/graph creation, primarily using Excel.
- Write blogs, host webinars, and run customer solution sessions related to power market activity and Drillinginfo’s load/generation forecasting capabilities and MarketView trading platform.
Competitive Candidate Profile
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Engineering, Statistics, Finance or related.
- Have 5+ years’ experience in power markets.
- Have direct experience analyzing or forecasting load, dispatch, power prices and trends.
- Understand commodity price relationships in the power market and their impact on generation facility dispatch, retirements and new-builds.
- Are familiar with various public and third party proprietary datasets available for the power market.
- Are highly quantitative and able to conduct thorough analysis on the go.
- Have strong Excel skills, comfortable with pivot tables, macros, VBA, and SQL.
- Have a passion for the energy industry and ongoing desire to learn more.
- Have strong English communication skills and are comfortable with analytic writing and public speaking.
- Enjoy networking and interacting with clients and colleagues in the industry.
- Are comfortable multi-tasking in a time-sensitive, high-pressure environment working simultaneously towards short-term, medium-term, and long-term goals.
- Are a unique problem solver with a ‘can do’ approach.
Back to top