Market Leader, Financial Services
WHY YOU WANT THIS POSITION
As technology fundamentally transforms oil and gas production worldwide, enormous growth opportunity is being revealed in analytics and market intelligence products for financial services, particularly financial capital markets. Investors are placing record amounts of capital into energy investments, and they need Drillinginfo products like never before to make the best, fastest decisions possible. For Drillinginfo, this presents an opportunity to further penetrate financial capital markets with product enhancements that will further accelerate our double-digit growth in this segment. Do you have what it takes to guide the best team in the industry toward the best product roadmap in the world? If so, THIS is your opportunity.
This position can be based in Houston, Littleton, or Austin and reports to the Senior Vice President of Product.
Come explore with us and find the career you’ve always wanted!
The Market Leader for the financial services market must intimately understand the financial services industry – particularly financial capital markets – as they relate to energy investing, advising, forecasting and trading. Using this knowledge, he/she will work across Drillinginfo to ensure that financial services market and product strategies are designed to meet or exceed Drillinginfo’s business objectives. Prior experience with financial capital markets as relates to oil & gas industry participants is a must. The Market Leader will create a vision for financial services market, supported by business cases and detailed requirements for product priorities, and will manage the product roadmap, project definitions, and execution to achieve the vision.
- Beginning with metrics and data insights, both quantitative and qualitative, drive strategic and tactical product decisions. Studying market trends, customer intelligence, competitive intelligence, and customer requirements to set short- and long-term strategy, including product roadmap, and communicate this to management and across the organization.
- Emphasize strategic clarity across the organization to ensure development does not begin without validation of the market segment and requirements.
- Directing and contributing to product business case, market plan, pricing, and market requirements documents.
- Collaborating with sales, marketing and technical teams to guide product launches, release dates and priorities, and educate/train on specific needs of energy finance clients.
- Coordinating with product managers to achieve consistency and optimize the role of the product management function in alignment with the technical teams and the rest of the organization.
- Identifying business opportunities for product development, partnerships, and joint ventures necessary to maximize potential revenue for individual products and services.
- Attending and presenting at energy finance conferences and other industry events.
- 5-8 years of experience in energy finance organization. Experience with commercial software development is preferred.
- Prior experience with the dynamics of the oil & gas industry, including the variables affecting the valuation of oil & gas assets public and private, including both companies and producing entities.
- A demonstrated history of excellent listening skills combined with a strong desire to clearly understand the needs of other people. This is crucial to helping to guide product improvements to solving specific customer problems.
- Strong organizational skills, with experience managing complex projects cross-functionally to build consensus and deliver results.
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple projects to completion on time and within budget.
- Strong blend of business acumen, familiarity with financial services industry, communication skills, problem solving abilities and strategic perspective.
- This position requires travel to customer and non-customer sites in North America and abroad (30%).
- Based in Houston, Littleton or Austin.
Meet Some of Drillinginfo's Employees
Account Executive, Strategic Accounts
Patrick leads Drillinginfo’s Strategic Accounts Group, which is responsible for sustaining important client relationships with some of the largest oil and gas companies in the world.
Back to top